Chapter 15: Cheers To You And Your Demise With Morning Star

After waving goodbye to the reluctant fan, Jinli skipped back home blissfully. The moment she opened the door, she saw An Rou sitting in the living room, awaiting her return.

Just because she had found the solution to recovering her Celestial Powers, she was on cloud nine. Even An Rou seemed a tad less annoying now. However, it was really just a tad. Jinli looked forward steadily, not bothering to even glance at her. She sashayed up to her room, whistling a cheerful, off-key tune.

“Bai Jinli!”

An Rou sat on the sofa, thinking that Jinli would greet her first. Never had she expected that Jinli would act like she was invisible. Suppressing her boiling annoyance, she initated the conversation, stopping Jinli in her steps.

Jinli paused, “What’s up?”

An Rou’s heart skipped a beat, her brows curled up in worry, “I heard.. You’ve terminated your contract with the company.”

Jinli’s gaze surveyed An Rou’s expression and returned a gentle smile, “Oh? I couldn’t tell that your connections ran so deep in the company.” Her tone was soft and unsettlingly calm.

She had literally just left the company, and this woman already knew of it back at home. How scarily deep had she infiltrated into the company?

Leaving the topic unanswered, she stared disapprovingly at Jinli, “Why would you do that? Yes, Morning Star is not a big corporation, but they treat us artistes decently, our resources are also all accounted for daily…”

As she spoke, her face darkened as she probed deeper, “Did you… find another way out for yourself?”

Her brains may be clogged, but with that face alone she able to walk the entire scene without issues. Other companies going after her would be completely understandable.

Jinli saw through her thoughts as if they were transparent. She simply and decisively replied, “Not at all!”

A sigh of relief escaped An Rou. From the bottom of her heart, she looked down on Bai Jinli. She believed that she was superior in all aspects, except for Bai Jinli looking marginally better appearance-wise. If even Bai Jinli was scouted by other companies, yet she had received no external contact, she would be supremely pissed.

An Rou’s face mouth up at that thought. Seeing the not-so subtle changes, Jinli laughed in her mind, continuing to watch the show.

As expected, An Rou immediately put on a superficial mask of concern and care, gently speaking, “Jinli, you have been in this industry for so many years. She should know by now, an artiste without a resourceful company will not have a pleasant ending. I think you were too impulsive. Just now, Supervisor He spoke highly of you. He holds you in high regard! If you were willing to continue your term with Morning Star, he would produce a larger work with…”

Jinli impatiently interrupted her.

“You are overthinking this.”

Caressing her own face, she looked at An Rou with pitiful eyes, “Of course, people like you, with the face of a commoner, have to consider some other things. But not for me! I have this God-given enchanting appearance. Just because I terminated one contract does not mean that no one else will want me.”

An Rou could not find words to reply her.

Where did she get all this baseless confidence from? How is she so confident when she is mired in scandal?

Uncontrollably, An Rou spouted, “You!! You…”

Interrupting her once again, Jinli gave an earnest word of advice, “I know you are caring for me. But, it is enough, I understand you fully. I just think that you have to care for yourself more. Yes, Morning Star is a good place, and I hope you’ll stay here all the way. Cheers to you and your demise with Morning Star!”

Anger consumed An Rou like a vortex. She felt herself losing consciousness and her vision spinning round and round.

Good place? These trash words are only suitable to toy with an idiot like Bai Jinli.

For a person with such big dreams, how could she be pleased with a miniscule company like this? Morning Star was but a mere step on the ladder for her and her dreams.

Who the hell wanted to die with this rotten company? Bai Jinli! Do you even have common sense?

___