Chapter 18: Targeted by the Big Pig Head

Hearing Lu Zhengya’s question, Bai Yan’s face curled up, “Apologies sir, your subordinate is incapable. I’m unable to bring Miss Jinli over.”

“Oh? Miss Jinli? Aren’t you two close?” Lu Zhengya stared at Bai Yan in a questioning yet mysteriously unsettling stare.

Anxiety gnawed at Bai Yan’s insides.

Immediately, he tried to clarify himself. “But… but Miss Jinli dislikes being called Miss Bai.”

He recounted the bizarre encounter with Jinli, explaining the odd interactions he had just had.

Upon hearing Jinli’s words “what has your superior looking for Miss Bai got to do with me, Jinli?” Lu Zhengya had fallen into silence, just like Bai Yan.

The stifling silence continued for a while. Suddenly, a low guffaw rumbled through the room.

“Interesting…”

This Bai Jinli was nothing like the woman from the documents he’d been given.

But of course.

After all..

Lu Zhengya massaged the back of his head, still feeling a subtle tingle.

After all, this woman had dared to smash a wine bottle on his head. It would be abnormal if she did not have a strong personality.

Fear and worry pulsated through Bai Yan’s veins with every reverberation of laughter he heard. Nothing good happened when Lu Zhengya laughed. The previous laughter foreshadowed him gaining complete control over the Lu Family.

That was the day he had made his father into a mere powerless icon, and banished his two biological brothers to South Africa as coal miners.

Of course, Jinli was unaware that she was being targeted by this Big Pighead — erm, that is, being targeted by this big boss.

Just then, she was diving about a famous, high-volume forum, filtering through the fights and slanders of the netizens.

What was she doing looking at these meaningless threads?

Well, the point was to find the discussions about herself.

Half an hour later, she had gained a whole new understanding of what it truly meant to be a Queen of Scandals.

In this forum, of the threads regarding Bai Jinli, almost 80% was gossip, slander, and even disclosure of her private information. They were all a gathering place of her haters.

Of the remaining 20%, the majority of the netizens were only there to admire her outstanding appearance, and the final meagre numbers left, were the rare species known as loyal fans.

Those were the people she ransacked the threads for. Jinli was there to observe the posts of these rare specimens, be it their comments or their photo uploads.

Yet, after her thorough investigation, she had not found anything resembling the golden auras.

Hmm?

That’s odd. Were my predictions completely off?

I am very sure these golden auras were produced by the fans that truly loved me. Was it not something like the aura of admiration?

Disheartened, Jin tapped her face hard, pulling herself out from her defeatedness. Immediately, she regretfully pouted, gently massaging her tingling, rosy cheeks.

Ah! My godly face! Such a rare beauty should not be hit!

Not even by myself!

Just as her train of thought was broken, a befuddling sight attracted all of her attention.

Her eyes widened, staring in utter disbelief.

Threads of gold were floating in from somewhere far away. They seeped through all physical barriers, finally arriving right beside her.

These gentle strands landed tenderly on her, gently melting into her body. At that moment, warmth burst out from within her body.

This! These are the same auras that came from the little girl! I found them!

Her eyes sparkled with joy at that thought. She quickly shut her eyes tightly, gathering all her thoughts.

Where did these auras come from? How were they produced?

A few minutes slipped by as she thought hard about it. Suddenly, her eyes popped open.

She grabbed her phone and opened up her Weibo account.

Instantly, countless tags and posts crashed onto her like a flood.

Previously, for ease of control from the company, Bai Jinli’s Weibo had been operated by her manager. That was also to prevent her from carelessly posting.

All of the accounts records were periodic mandatory posts. Apart from common street shots of her, everything else was just the company’s advertisements.

While she had a staggering 10 million follower count, more than half of them were probably blank accounts that the company had bought over. Even so, the number of anti-fans following her account was still much higher than her actual fans.

Furthermore, within these numbers, who knew how many people were following her for the sake of it.

Simply put, it was a toxic account.

——