Chapter 44: Lu Zhengya and His Seemingly Stoic Expression

Jinli.

All because of this goddamned vixen. All because of her!

From the moment she appeared, she’s has been in the limelight. She’s in my limelight. Mine!

Xu Zhiyi’s expressions may have seemed undefeated and strong, but deep down, her mind was crystal-clear. Wherever Jinli went, other women had no choice but to surrender to being a mere backdrop for her.

As if being neglected and dethroned was not bad enough, the permanent guests had been mysteriously cancelled. Now, she was left all alone without anyone to turn to.

As she fumed within her room, the biggest source of her anger was the preview clip for <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>>.

Since the beginning, she had pumped in a tremendous amount of effort to build her special relationships with the production team. They had promised to film her from the moment she entered the set. Just for today, her clothes, accessories and even the makeup were specially chosen and arranged by the top professionals. All of this was done just to ensure a dazzling display of herself on screen in order to leave a lasting impression on the viewers.

Alas, she had overestimated herself. More importantly, she underestimated Jinli.

In that clip of just a few minutes, the only person who would be seen or remembered by the viewers was definitely Jinli. Regardless of who watched it, their hearts and minds would only have room for that sly fox.

Of course, the netizens would not think much of it. In their eyes, Jinli was so adorable and her thoughtless words and actions were adorable. Yet, being one of the other guests on the show, how could Xu Zhiyi turn a blind eye to the production team’s painfully obvious bias for Jinli?

The 6 of them were all guests for the same episode. They shared the same clip. They were supposed to be equals. Yet, Jinli’s portion was so much more exquisitely edited. She was even given a longer portion of the precious screen time.

Why? Who does she think she is? Why does she deserve special treatment?

Xu Zhiyi’s face blackened sinisterly as she gnawed on her lower lip.

Whipping out her phone, she made a phone call gloomily. Then, her lips curled unsettlingly.

Jinli, savour this, your last happy night. For when the next clip appears, you shall taste the contrasting flavour of ridicule from your currently loving fans.

At the same time…

In a certain corporation’s towering building, the entire Lu Company was working overtime, rushing their work with an almost suicidal dedication.

Recently, their company had received a contract deal worth more than 100 Million dollars. Unfortunately, the client was exceptionally picky with their work despite knowing about the impending deadline. With the client nitpicking and the fast-approaching time limit, the employees were left with little choice but to work longer and harder.

Being an infamous workaholic, it was no surprise to see Lu Zhengya in his office, pacing the room while examing a document.

“Sir,” Bai Yan approached with a bowl of nutritious, anti-fatigue medicinal soup.

Putting down his documents, Lu Zhengya silently tilted his head, signalling Bai Yan to leave the supplement in a corner.

“The new proposal will be out by tomorrow, Sir.”

“Mhm, get every employee their supper. It’s been tough on everyone. Ttell them that they will all receive an ample bonus this month.”

Bai Yan smiled brightly, “I’m sure that will significantly boost their morale for this night.”

“Oh right!” His voice suddenly paused, as if he had recalled an important message.

Curious, Lu Zhengya glanced at him. “Hm?”

“This subordinate suddenly recalled seeing Miss Jinli on the trending searches. You have orders to find out everything about her.”

“I see.” Emotionlessly, Lu Zhengya answered, continuing to ask about the gift he had requested for her.

Nodding, Bai Yan smiled, “I have settled a deal. By tomorrow, it can be sent to Miss Jinli.”

“Mhm.” Lu Zhengya coldly nodded. Yet again, not a single word was spoken.

Deep wrinkles were found on Bai Yan’s face as he exited the office.

Huh… Why is Sir so calm and unaffected after hearing the news about Miss Jinli?

Could it be? His interest in Miss Jinli could not stand the test of time?

If that’s so, this gift to her is…? Is it just some form of revenge branching from his tarnished sense of self-pride?

As he grappled with these thoughts, a series of interesting events occurred within the office.

The stoic-looking boss quickly returned to his seat, swiftly switching on the laptop and expertly navigating through Weibo. Immediately, Lu Zhengya went straight to the searches on Jinli.

Not only that, Lu Zhengya had watched the entire clip of Jinli repeatedly, three times in one sitting.

Of course, the events were unknown to the perplexed secretary.

......