Crying

A waiter comes running to us, menus in hand.

"Is there anything you like so long or can I give you a few minutes" he says as he hands us the menus, taking out his notebook, ready to take notes, never looking at us.

"A few minutes please" I say and he rushes away.
"Seems like he's busy" I joke with a small laugh. Namjoon slightly laughs as well.

We both take a look at the menus and I don't know what to get. I don't eat out often so I haven't been here before, even though it's right next to the building I work at.

"What's good?" I ask as I continue to stare at the menu.
"The pasta is pretty good" I hear him say. I turn to the pasta section and look at the different options.

The waiter comes back with his notebook ready.

"Are you ready to order?" He asks.
"Yeah, I'll take the Butter chicken pasta with a steel work please" I say. He finally looks at who he's talking to. He freezes for a bit until Namjoon brought him back to his senses.
"And I'll have the Meat lovers pizza with Fanta" he says.

The waiter snaps back and writes the orders down with a red face.
"R-right away" he says as he runs away.

"Funny guy" I say as I finally look at Namjoon but he looks a little irked.
"Yeah" he gets out.

"Anyway, do we really need Yoongi's help? I'm sure we can manage on our own" I try to persuade Namjoon.
"You know why we can't do that and anyway, we are taking a break so we are not talking about work" he says as he gets comfortable in his chair.

"You're right, as usual" I say as I roll my eyes. He just chuckles at me.
"But why is it so tense between you and Yoongi anyway? Do you guys have a history or something?" He asks.
"Eww, no" I quickly shut that down. It seems like Namjoon takes a sigh of relief.

"So, what is it?" He asks.
"I don't know. I feel like he's just salty to me because I'm younger than him and I can boss him around" I say.

"I don't think that's it. You know, he has worked under someone that's younger than him before without all this tension" he says.
"Really? Well that's news to me" I say.

As I said that, the waiter was back with our drinks.
"Thank you" I say as he places my drink down.
"N-no problem" he says with almost shaking hands. He immediately runs away again.

"So anyway" Namjoon says as he tries to calm himself down for some reason.
"What did you do to him?" He continues. I shrug.

"The minute I stepped foot in that building, he just decided I wasn't good enough or something and has been salty with me ever since" I say as I take a sip from my drink.

"He has never done that before. There must be a different reason" he continues.
"You talk like you know him well" I say, getting suspicious.
"Oh, him and I go way back. We met through our mothers. I don't think we would have been friends if our mothers weren't friends. He would have been some random guy in a higher grade than me" he explains.

My eyes almost pop out of my skull from this new information.
"Namjoon, my friend. I have known you, for what, about four years now and you never told me you two were friends" I say with a gaping mouth. He just laughs at my outburst.

"I mean, that guy needs to have a friend some or other time in his lifetime" he says with a laugh.
"You could have told me" I say as I cross my arms.

"Yeah, the whole reason why I even considered the company was because of him" he continues.
"That's interesting. You learn something new everyday" I say as I nod my head to this newfound information.

"So, what did you do to tick Yoongi off?" He presses on.
"You know, you are starting to tick me off" I joke slightly.

"Ok ok. Message received" he laughs slightly as he backs off.
"Thank you, I just want a peaceful lunch. I really don't want to think about him while I'm trying to eat. I might lose my appetite" I say with a sigh. Namjoon laughs at me again.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" He asks once he calmed down.
"Why? Wanna ask me on a date?" I joke with a raised eyebrow. It looks like he froze. I start laughing at his flustered stare.

"Don't worry, I'll never do that to you" I say between laughs. I think I heard him sigh.
"Don't joke with me like that" he says seriously and I just continue laughing. I don't think I'm that bad, jeez...

"Anyway, I don't think I'm busy but Wednesday is a bit..." I couldn't find the words.
"Right in the middle of the week" he finishes for me, jokingly.
"Exactly. What do you wanna do?" I ask.

"Well, actually for the rest of the week" he says sheepishly. I raise an eyebrow at this.
"I want to reserve you every lunch" he continues. I laugh at this.

"That's it? Well sure. We do that anyways, don't we?" I laugh a bit at him because I thought he was going to ask something serious.

"Yeah..." he drags out.
"You're cute man" I say as I beam a smile at him. He looks away from me with a hand covering his face.

"Aww, did I make you shy?" I joke as I laugh at him. He doesn't say anything.

Our food finally arrives with a shaking hand on the waiter's part. I have no idea why he's so nervous. The poor kid, it must be his first day here. Me too kid, me too...

Namjoon and I immediately start eating and it was so good. He was eating and talking to me as I just listened to him. He complained about a few things which I completely could relate to. He told me what he has been up to and respected my wishes by not mentioning Yoongi. Only when I was done eating, the topic came up again.

"Since you're done eating- you are done eating right?" He asks, making completely sure. I just nod.
"Yeah, I'm stuffed" I say as I lean back in my seat.

"Great, back to Yoongi" Namjoon says.
"Look, you can go ask him yourself and if you find an answer, let me know" I say as I sip on the rest of my drink. Namjoon sighs.

"I have already tried so I thought I could try asking you. I hate this tension when working with you two" he says. I look at him with softened eyes.

"Sorry man. I didn't know that's how you felt... I'll try patching things up with him" I say with a small smile. Namjoon looks up at me with hopeful eyes.
"Really? Thanks (Y/N)" he says with a huge smile.

"Now I'm convinced that's the whole reason why you gave me free lunch" I say with a depressed sigh. He just lightly laughs at me.

"It seems I have been found out" he says.
"Well, keep this up and Yoongi and I will be friends in no time" I say with a smile.
"Just not to good friends" Namjoon mumbles. I didn't hear him.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you" I say as I lean a bit closer to Namjoon so that I don't miss it again.
"Nothing important" he says as with a smile. I return the smile.

We sit a bit longer in the restaurant and kept conversation. We were talking about pure nonsense but I really needed this. He is such a good friend.

(I do not own the video.)