Chapter 13

| (Y/N)'s POV |

"Good Morning Everyone! Right now on Florafauna it is..."

Isabelle's soft voice filled the room with warm and tender vibes, much similar to a mothers, as we watched behind Mr Nook's desk as he recorded her for the morning announcements. Roman dug through Mr Nooks shelf while Zhen just leaned against the wall. On the other hand, I was seated in the chair set aside the counter (like a normal person).

Isabelle's jabbering slowly faded into obscurity as I gazed over to Roman, who was faced the opposite way. A picture of Ai popped up into my mind. She had better come up with something today or else. I had already packed my bags and cleaned up my house a bit, leaving only basic furniture such as a television or a couch for the next sucker who's going to move in, knowing that Ai would clearly be unsuccessful at hooking me up with Roman.

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. Though Ai and I had our ups and downs, mostly downs, throughout our entire lives together, I felt a bit bad for yelling at her. But at this point, it didn't bother me. She put that onto herself and she can only redeem herself by paying me back and getting me with Roman. If I got her shit-rag clothes famous, she can get me a guy... right?

"Miss (Y/N)?" A voice called out causing me to look up. It was Mr Nook. He had finished the morning announcements already. How did I not notice? I looked off to the side of him and noticed that Roman and Zhen were gone. Geez, did I fall asleep or something?

"Yeah? What's up Mr Nook?" I said, forgetting the formality I previously had when talking to him.

"Er.. You're sitting on my desk." He shyly said.

I looked down on where I was seated and saw that I WAS sitting down on top of his desk. My shoes were also resting on the seat in front of it.

"O-Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry-" I quickly shuffled down from the counter and started patting out the dirt and dust that I could have possibly placed onto the puffy seating of the chair.

"Oh ho, it's quite alright Miss (Y/N)." Mr Nook chuckled, "Ah, er.. You didn't hear what I said earlier to Roman and Zhen... did you?"

I paused briefly as he said this. Am I going deaf? How did I not hear that as well? ...Perhaps I fell asleep or something.

"Heh... No.. Sorry about that." I continued patting the chair seat and slowly rose up from my bent position.

"... Are you okay Miss (Y/N)?" Mr Nook looked at me with a great look of concern on his face.

"I'm doing well, thanks" I forced out and felt my body heat up from the tension.

"Are you sure?" Mr Nook pulled over another chair, "If something is wrong we could talk-"

"No! No... It's fine! I-I-I MEAN IM.. FIne." I stammered, my face flared up, "What did you tell Roman and Zhen- just... dying to know! Heh.."

Mr Nook gave me a confused and almost frightened expression at my erratic behavior.

"...ok if you insist-" he mumbled before continuing, "-If you would walk with me over to the ABD over here... I have implemented some new items for you to purchase using NookMiles you have earned over the course of your stay here in Florafauna! One of the most notable items you can exchange is Nook Miles Tickets!"

I raised a brow. Nook Miles Tickets?

"-Nook Miles Tickets allow you to travel to a random deserted island, smaller than this one, for you to gather materials from, meet others or just have some 'me time' and whatnot"

Me time? I could really use some 'me time' away from Ai... I continued to listen in on Mr Nook's rambling about the Nook Miles Tickets for a few more minutes. Afterwards, his face lit up, as if he just remembered something, and waddled to his desk where he pulled out an already printed out Nook Miles Ticket... that had my name on it.