Chapter 8

| (Y/N)'s POV |

I stopped abruptly as I was already halfway through the tent flap. I winced at the sound of my name being called. I could already hear Roman's voice fade away from the tent... Welp, there goes my chance with Roman for the day... He didn't even notice that I wasn't following behind him either...

I turned towards Mr Nook and replied in the least disappointing tone I could manage while faking a smile.

"Oh, of course! What's up?" I cringed at my fake voice.

"Excellent!" He smiled in excitement and then motioned me over to the workbench.

"As our Island Representative, I decided that it would only be necessary for you to help me make big decisions on Florafauna, yes?"

"Yeah" I nodded curiously, "That makes sense."

"Wonderful! Glad to know that you agree!" Mr Nook pulled out a large blueprint and laid it out across the bench. "So for our very first assignment to plan is the remodeling of Resident Services!" He proudly presented the layout plans for the future building.

I stepped closer to the bench and examined the plans. The blueprints planned for a 1 story building that had 2 rooms. The first room had 2 desks for future services of some sort and the 2nd room, which was quite smaller, was more of a breakroom. Not much was interesting about it other than the fact that it was going to contain a couch, a vending machine, a TV... etc. Not gonna lie though, Mr Nook has really got a talent for architecture and decoration! The plans look really clean!

"Mr Nook" I started, "Has anyone told you how amazing you are at architecture and decoration??"

Mr Nook looked up from the blueprints with a surprised look.

"..Ah yes.. Well I have my many years of experience in real estate and architecture to thank... I am very flattered to hear you say that though yes yes?" He gushed.

"I mean, who wouldn't be flattered?" I raised a brow.

"Ah well--" he began to roll up the blueprints, "I'm sure that you agree with all the plans hm?"

"Of course" I nodded, "One-hundred percent"

"Wonderful to hear that! I'll get started as soon as possible for the construction... but Miss (Y/N), I... may have one more job for you."

"Sure, whats up?"

"As you've seen in the blueprints, there are going to be two desks that will be accessible by all residents and staff yes yes?"

I nodded.

"I've already hired someone to be in charge of Resident Services, she will be in-charge with island feedback and resident satisfaction... sort of like human resources. I will soon take the role of Construction Services for future projects."

I nodded...again.

"--So I have been all caught up with so many things that I realized that neither the applicant and I do not have a home to reside in" He sighed.

"Ah don't worry, I know that feeling too Mr Nook" I chuckled. "I actually used to live in the city before this and-" I quickly cut myself off. I promised Ai that I would not talk about the city anymore... I refused to continue my train of thought.

"-Er..." I trailed, trying to steer the conversation, "-What I'm trying to say is that, it happens to all of us."

"Hm... yes yes, I see..." He raised a brow. "...So anyhoo, I was hoping that you could possibly help me out with setting up our houses... if you do not mind." He explained while taking a few boxes set behind a stack and placing them in front of me. He then opened the boxes which revealed a set-up kit.