Chapter 11

| 3rd POV |

(Y/N) stepped out of the gates of Dodo Airlines with a flustered face, still trying to maintain a professional and calm attitude knowing that this trip was for business matters and needed to represent Florafauna in a positive manner to give off a good impression if she were to run into any other representatives of other islands.

However, dread hung over (Y/N) as she soon realized that she was back in the city. Old memories began to resurface but were quickly crunched back down as the mere presence of Roman weighed it down.

Roman headed off ahead of her to grab two baggage carrier's for Isabelle's belongings.

"Heya girlie! Wanna give me a hand?" Roman wiggled one of the carts in his other hand, taunting (Y/N).

'Girlie...that just HAS to be my nickname!!' (Y/N) thought to herself. The little nickname made her heart flutter with excitement. She gracefully skipped with glee over next to Roman and took the cart being handed to her.

(Y/N) pulled out a neatly folded piece of paper and revealed its contents next to Roman. Inside was a list of instructions written in Tom Nook's neat and polished handwriting.

' ... Head to the main lobby and meet Isabelle there at 2pm sharp. Have her luggage weighed in the East Wing departure room you had previously passed earlier and be sure that her luggage is being sent in this correct order...

AldricAirport > Nook Inc > Dodo Airlines > Florafauna'

(Y/N) read aloud the instructions to a distracted Roman who took in about 60% of the information.

"Yeah yeah, gotcha-" He muttered, "But (Y/N), have you SEEN this place? It's enormous!"

"I mean, yeah..." (Y/N) began to push the cart and headed to the East Wing, "It IS owned by a billionaire..."

"But wouldn't you want to explore the place at least?" Roman urged, "It would be our cool little adventure! Me and you!"

Nearly causing (Y/N) to freeze up, she suddenly began weighing her options: She could either do what she was told or hang out with a guy she had confusing feelings for. She bit her lip in frustration while doing this, it was an easy decision to be made by anyone but poor (Y/N)'s heart was having a battle with her mind.

But no, (Y/N) knew what kind of trouble that could stir up from childish and rowdy decisions like that. Using all of her might, (Y/N) firmly set her foot down on Roman's offer and was set on the main goal: Helping Isabelle.

However, no one was there to hear her. Roman was completely gone from her side along with the baggage cart he was previously pushing. (Y/N) looked side to side, behind and in front of her, desperately trying to look for the goofball she called her 'love'. Rolling her eyes, (Y/N) knew that she had no time for lunatics like him. She grabbed another cart and began to push them both towards the East Wing.

| (Y/N)'s POV |

Maybe he got lost? ... No... maybe I just fell behind.... I continued to make excuses for Roman's childish behavior as I hauled the two carts in front of me towards the East Wing doors.

It was nearly barren in the previous room so the burst of loud chattering and footsteps nearly startled me as I entered the East Wing.

Animals and Humans filled the room with color and personality, making every glance tell a story much more different than the other. I shyly picked up my pace and awkwardly made my way through the bustling crowds, trying not to bump into anyone or at least stir up any kind of issue.