Chapter 6

|(Y/N)'s POV|

The morning breeze greeted my face as I left the stuffy tent that I would soon part ways with. With my 'loan' fully paid, I had no need to rack up Nook Miles in exchange to pay for it and I was looking forward to moving into something more... cozier.

It has been a week since we had arrived and island life had begun blooming quickly. I don't know what Roman and Zhen were doing, but they were developing the island and buildings much faster than any of us had anticipated.

They had helped set up Blather's tent which only stood for a day because of the amount of creatures they had donated. It was now in the works of being BUILT. At the same time, they had overloaded Timmy and Tommy to the point where they had opened up a shop called Nook's Cranny. Who knows what they were up to now.

I continued to make my way to the Town Center, taking in the scene of nature into my soul. I had been caught up inside my tent for a few days, catching up on missed work that I had fallen behind on. In fact, I don't remember leaving the tent during those days... It felt nice to get some fresh air.

Ai however was quite annoyed by me and my work because she constantly barged into my tent, trying to pull me out and trying to convince me by saying that I can just earn bells by selling bugs, fish and literally ANYTHING I had to the new shop. I would give in but the idea of being given a fixed income from 2 jobs, every week was just too good for me. Yeah sure, my eyes drooped from the blaring computer screen of late night work and my back hurt like hell the next morning, but bells make the world go round!

The fact that I was now also working out early morning around 5 am on a daily basis didn't help. Sure, I'm losing weight and getting stronger but my body remains sore for the rest of the day. Only night is when I can recover but nope! I stay up working.... And then the whole process repeats again.

Having a house and furniture to prop myself up on rather than just on the tent ground would help A LOT as well so upgrading to an actual HOUSE may fix those problems.

While on my way to the Town Center, I overheard a commotion in the distance. Turning my head, side to side, trying to see the source of it made me realize that I have not seen anyone all morning (or noon). I began to panic, was I in some crazy dream again? Or did everyone leave the island?

I began to shift into a jog and desperately searched for any sign of humanity anywhere. I then made my way towards a river-side and saw a huge crowd of people! Oh thank goodness!-- But, what were they all doing here?

"Hello everyone!" A voice rang out from the mumbling crowd. I crept towards the crowd, trying to blend in with the others as if I was there the 'whole time'.

"Thank you all for coming and attending our ceremony for the very first bridge in Florafauna!"

Oh, it was Mr Nook.

"Pssst!" A voice crept into my ear.

I turned awkwardly left and right until I got a view of Ai.

"Over here!" She half-whispered and half-yelled.

I scooted throughout the small crowd while Mr Nook went on.

"...We couldn't have made this possible without the generous contributions that Zhen and Roman have been constantly making for the past week! It is just incredibly stunning how the two have developed our island in such a short time span!" Mr Nook said with glee.

I finally made my way next to Ai and noticed that she looked... different. Her hair was styled back to pigtails just like when she was a kid, her and I. She even looked younger. It's as if nature cured her of the crinkly wrinkles the city life had brought onto her. However, on my hand, I looked like a crusty slump that had no life...