Chapter 12

| 3rd POV |

As the sun rose over the island of Florafauna, the beams of light appraised the complete Resident Services Building. Cement from the night before was almost done sealing in the bricks that would see all that were to come to this island, yes indeed this is only the beginning of the events that would soon come to Florafauna.

In front of the building stood Tom Nook being filmed live on the Island Broadcast by a sleepy (Y/N) leaning slightly on the camera and an eager Roman on the grass, tinkering with the laptop that was the motherboard of the entire show.

"...Well, I believe that wraps up all my announcements for today.." Tom Nook gave a sudden look of bashfulness, "Except for one final thing... This is my final broadcast!"

Roman gave a look of disbelief and almost stood up and begged him not to but much like a parent, Zhen sat the boy down, reminding him of his duties. (Y/N) on the other hand was nearly sleeping on the camera. Others may see it as a typical drowsy mood that everyone goes through in the morning after being woken up so early, but in (Y/N)'s case, she did not sleep at all that night.

"I believe this sums it all up... Isabelle and I will be there to help you whenever you need us!" Tom Nook waved to the audience goodbye and simultaneously signaled Roman and Zhen to cut the live broadcast. Both nodded and with a press of a few buttons, they were off.

(Y/N) continued to doze off on the camera while Tom Nook congratulated everyone and gave out a few instructions for later events for the day. The tripod stand (Y/N) was leaning on however, was not sturdy enough to carry (Y/N)'s weight and soon leaned over and onto the ground, dragging (Y/N) down with it.

Her head thumped onto the wet grass, jolting her awake, causing her to scramble to her feet, still in a daze, and hurriedly picked the tripod back up, hoping no one had noticed her embarrassing little stunt. She stood in the background of the other four as they discussed information vital to today.

After getting the tripod back up (barely), (Y/N) seeped her way into the conversation, trying to pretend she was there the whole time.

"-I'm sure that wraps everything up, yes yes!" Tom Nook clapped his paws, ready for action. "I'll see you all back in the Plaza at 12pm sharp! Have fun out there!"

The crowd soon quickly dispersed, if you could even call it a crowd at that point, both Zhen and Roman went off in one direction and Isabelle into the building, leaving only (Y/N) and Tom Nook.

"Uh- Hey Mr Nook" (Y/N) shyly smiled, "Uh- great presentation... um, Really like the points you put out there..." (Y/N) continued trying to fabricate the conversation they were all previously having before she woke up. Mr Nook only watched in amusion as (Y/N) awkwardly continued.

"-Ho ho Miss (Y/N), I saw you topple over the camera earlier!" Tom Nook chuckled, "No need to hide it!"

(Y/N) quickly shut her mouth as he said this and a warm blush crept on her face. Tom Nook continued to chuckle in the background.

"Ah... Sorry about that.. didn't get any sleep..." She muttered the last part.

"It's quite alright!" Tom Nook stopped laughing, realizing that it was not really helping, "Today, I actually don't have anything for you to do." Tom Nook said while flipping through the papers in the clipboard he had tucked under his arm.

"Oh, really?" (Y/N) perked up.

"Yes yes" Tom Nook looked up from the clipboard. "Oh! But actually, can you do me a few favors?"

"Sure." (Y/N) raised her brow slightly.

"Ah- Could you help me pack all of this equipment away? (I told Zhen and Roman to do it... )" Tom Nook politely asked.