Chapter 5

| (Y/N)'s POV |

"aaaAAAAAAA!"

My legs acted before my mind did because before I knew it, I was sprinting through the trees, trying to make my way back to the tent. However, I was stopped. My vision suddenly was blocked by a white cloth that wrapped around my head, trapping the wasps in with me.

The excruciating pain of each and every single wasp digging in its stinger into my head, face, cheeks and neck felt like a bullet of fire being pierced through my skin. Past memories of getting stung filled my head and punished me. I had forgotten the rules of nature and it found out.

Suddenly, the cloth lifted up my head and I had a view of the world again except I only had one eye to view it. The other felt swollen and was throbbing in pain.

"Oh, hey." A voice caused me to spin my head towards the source of the sound.

Using what was left of my vision, I was able to make out the appearance of a human. It was Zhen.

"Thanks for the wasps." He said in a blandish tone. He looked as if nothing happened.

"Zhen?" Another voice called from behind the trees. The caller made their appearance and revealed themselves to be Roman. "What's all the ruckus about?"

"I caught some wasps. We can donate em to Tommy or whatevs." He began to walk to a pile of wood pieces that he had gathered and placed the wasps, which were now safely secured in a box, next to the pile.

Roman rolled his eyes at his friend's ignorance and turned to me.

"Hey sorry about that." He apologized.

"It's fine." I replied in a half annoyed tone.

Catching onto my annoyance, Roman quickly dug through his inventory and handed me a bag.

"Here's some medicine. It should help out a bit with the stings. Your pretty face will be fine afterwards."

I was slightly taken back on his little comment on my face, but either way, I thanked him and applied the medicine. While applying, he continued on.

"So, what are you doing out here?"

"Hm?" I raised a brow, "Oh, just gathering supplies."

"Oh ok." He awkwardly swayed his arms in the silence between us. "...(Y/N)? Was it?"

I nodded while still occupied, putting on the medicine.

"Well... (Y/N)." He began to nod, "You got some pretty good potential not gonna lie."

I stopped.

"You're gonna be a good rep, I can see it. Keep up the good work!" He smiled.

"Oh, uh." I blushed, but as if he could tell. My face was still a bit red from the swelling and my eye didn't show any sign of healing soon. "T-Thanks."

Roman only nodded in response.

"I'll catch you later alright?" He gave me a friendly wave, turned around and left.

...

I stood there in confusion, flustered at what just happened. Did he just... FLIRT with me?

...

On my walk back to the tent, I couldn't shake off the weird feeling that Roman just flopped onto me. He was flirting right? ...No no, that silly, why would he flirt with someone he just met! Maybe that's just a part of his personality, flirty! ... Or maybe... Maybe he's trying to play it cool! ... No that's not it either? Gah! Why am I getting so flustered over him? Dumb guy...