Chapter 7

| Ai's POV |

"Mhmm, Yeah I have the towels, snacks and water bottles" I said into the phone that was tucked between my ear and shoulder, for my hands were too full.

"Alright, see in a bit!" Yu ended the call.

I shoved all of the food and bottles into a picnic basket and then into my inventory. I grabbed the towels and stashed them in there too. Before leaving, I headed to the bathroom to check if I looked fine.

I was wearing my hair in the style of pigtails, just like back in the day! Except this look was a mix of my childlike wonder and my swaggy adult styles! Along with the fit, I wore a hat and a little bag. Oh I just looked so cute didn't I? I mean, I did design these after all!

After turning off all the lights and locking the door to my house, I flicked open the arms of my sunglasses and put them on. Beach day here we come!

A lot has changed all over the island in the past month! We reached the other section of the island and began organizing our houses into neighborhoods. It was so nice to see (Y/N) chatting and cooperating with Roman and Zhen when it came to planning, building and layout setups. It was like they were a little construction team for the island, nothing could stop the trio!

(Y/N) has also seemed to gain a liking to Roman though, she always tells me how he throws 'signs' at her. Like that one time she thought he was staring at her and when she asked him if he was, he just responded with,

'What's wrong with admiring art?'

It kinda sounded weird when she told me but she got all flustered about it.

In fact, (Y/N) has been more extroverted than she ever was in a long time! She began to socialize a lot with the other neighbors and befriended many of them. (when I mean many, I mean all 4 of the other animals living here).

Destroying that laptop was so worth it!

Maybe she was able to replace online work with island work! Or who knows! As long as she's always this happy, then that's fine by me!

Today, (Y/N) had a break from construction and island maintenance so I invited her to a beach party! ...Well, it was more of just a hangout. It was just Me, Alfonso and Yu. Ah, If only Rosie or Margie were here... They used to live in the village (Y/N) and I grew up in it but both moved away to find their 'cherry pie'. I would convince them to live here, but i know that they wouldn't want to abandon what they had been building from the very start. Maybe an invite would be suited better... and THEN I invite them to the island! Oh ho ho! Ai you smart gal!

As I made my way through the island, I admired along the way all the new things (Y/N) and the other 2 built. They had a small picnic area... a growing garden... we even had a shop managed by Timmy and Tommy! Those two are so cute! They're just like their father! A museum was also built recently! I can't wait to see all the fishies, buggies and fossils displayed! Maybe I could contribute to the museum... I did have some fossils that could use some assessing...

Arriving to the sandy shore, I was greeted by a beach ball being popped into my face, causing me to stumble back.

"Ah!" I yelped.

"Haha! Sorry Ai!" Yu chuckled.

I grabbed the ball that was now on the floor and drop kicked it over to them.

"You guys are always so rowdy, I guess that didn't change as you grew up huh?" I said with a smug tone.

"Didn't you used to say, 'boys will be boys'?" A voice chimed from a shadowy figure sitting underneath a palm tree. A soft breeze that blew the leaves of the tree allowed the sun to get in it to reveal (Y/N)!