Pause and Live

They had reached a deck by midnight. They stayed at some kind of a motel. The Professor had his guys there. Some slept, some stayed awake. Tokyo realised. She relised that she should not have drank last night. But, she didn't know if she was even going to have the baby. Babies were a big no-no for her. She went to check if Nairobi had fallen asleep. Nairobi's room was opposite to her's. She knocked on the door and Nairobi opened it within seconds.

'Come on in, Tokyo, what's the matter?', she asked.

'I was just bored', Tokyo hesitated to confess.

'I was just going to watch some movie, let's see what we have...', Nairobi went on searching the movie list. 

'Want to watch Yoyes?',  she asked.

Tokyo nodded not knowing what to say. She wanted to get it out before the movie started but she couldn't. In between Nairobi passed on drinks to her and Tokyo refused.

Now, it was really surprising for Nairobi to watch Tokyo refuse a drink. She paused the movie, turned to Tokyo and asked, 'Do you want to talk about it?'. Tokyo at once nodded no, tearing up a bit. 

"Okay, okay", Nairobi whispered hugging Tokyo, "I'm here Tokyo. I'm there for you. No matter what happened, or what you are going to do, I'll support you".

'Can I sleep with you, please?', Tokyo asked.

'Okay sweetie', Nairobi said. They lay down hugging, Nairobi being the big spoon.

After a while Tokyo said, 'I'm pregnant, Nairobi, with Rio's child'. Nairobi didn't reply. Tokyo looked up to see Nairobi fast asleep. She looked peaceful. Tokyo wanted to pause and live there, in that moment, forever. And she has never thought of that before.