Mother

This time Rio was up before Tokyo, considering her Whiskey talk with the Professor. They were all supposed to travel alone and meet at a particular place beyond the coconut farm, at different times. Tokyo and Rio were given late afternoon. Nairobi, early morning. The Professor just said he would already be there as he had to get others. Now, Tokyo didn't know who they were going to be. She went out to see Rio saying goodbye to all the kids he used to play with. An old lady was even crying and telling us that she would keep our hut vacant in case we come back. Now that was not going to happen for sure, she thought.

They had Sancocho and Tostones for lunch and began packing. She found her jar with a crab behind the ginger plant and threw it on Rio. He screamed like a little girl with a spider on her skirt. Before the crab could escape, she caught it and put it back in the jar, laughing.

'You are evil, Tokyo', he said panting.

'You think?', she said as she jumped on him and kissed his neck. Now this continued for hours.

They walked towards the coconut farm and beyond, with their luggage to find a pink ginger plantation. It was filled with beautiful pink flowers and amidst them she saw Nairobi, just as beautiful, talking with a man. He was a bit taller than her and pretty bulky.But the blushing made him look funny and cute.

'Hey guys, this is Bogata. Our new team member', said Nairobi smiling. Rio and Tokyo waved at them. 'The Professor said he'll be here any minute', said Nairobi not so smiling. Not less than two minutes, the Professor arrived with Stockholm, Denver, their cute little son, Lisbon. 

The Professor said that if we kept walking for half an hour, we would find a truck with food and water and that's how we'll reach the place for our classes. Tokyo asked for Helsinki and everyone fell silent. 'What's the matter, where's Helsi?', Rio asked, screaming.

That's when it hit Tokyo. Something had happened to Helsinki. The whole point of the heist was to save Helsinki. Now she was afraid. Afraid she might lose Helsinki. The Professor told that he would explain in the truck but Tokyo knew the situation was bad enough to start a heist, again.

In the truck, as they were all seated, she saw Cincinnati seated on his mother's lap taking a pink ginger flower from the bunch she had collected. The baby was slowly tearing off the petals and placing them on Monica's curled up hair saying, 'bootifull', on repeat. Looking at him she wondered if everyone could just stay like that, forever. She looked at Rio who was in deep thoughts. She made him lie on her lap and played with his hair. He slept like a baby. She knew she could never feel the safety of being on her mother's lap. But, she wanted to give someone else that and held Rio's hand tight.