Over Whiskey

Tokyo couldn't sleep that night though being tired than usual. Rio was right next to her asleep as a cute little cuckoo. She ran her fingers through his hair thinking if everything was alright. She wasn't told what or why the heist was, by the Professor. He had stayed with Nairobi in a nearby hut. The natives offered these huts too often to foreign travellers. She then walked out and the time was around 3 a.m. She walked towards the water thinking about her mom and how she would sing, 'Delta Dawn', one of the few English songs she knew. She never understood the flower part of the lyrics though. She went to the nearby open bar and asked the bartender for a bottle of Whiskey. A voice behind her said, 'And two glasses, please'. Looking behind to see who it was she knew this was going to be long night.

The Professor and her walked towards the coconut field where they had met the previous night. They sat on either side of a tree resting their backs on it, facing opposite directions. Tokyo was looking at the sea, the Professor, the people sleeping. Tokyo poured out the drink in the glasses and offered it to him. She took one sip and got reminded of the times when they planned for the heist at the Royal Mint.

'How's Raquel?', Tokyo asked.

'She's safe for now', the professor said pushing his glasses up.

'You know it's funny to watch you in love Professor. The introvet and calm Professor being shook by a lady', Tokyo said laughing. The Professor adjusted his glasses again, blushing.

'Tokyo, the plan I'm going to tell you all is not dangerous enough for us to be scared of death. But -', 'I'm not scared of death ', said Tokyo.

'Ah, but you are scared of Rio's death. Listen to me Tokyo, what we are going to do is not going to be negotiation of any sort. No one will know what we are doing it and no one will realise that we had stolen it until it starts raining.', said the Professor.

'What rain?', she asked.

'A Pearl Rain, Tokyo, and trust me it is just as dangerous because we won't know the enemy for sure', said the Professor in one breath. Then she knew that they were going to link the sea and the people sleeping.Tokyo was surprised but she knew no questions will be encouraged and  she was going to be even surprised at the crack of dawn.