19. Griffin and Irene (II)

Present day

"Uargh! I can't do this!" Griffin panicked. He was at the altar, his best friends behind him. Tinkles, a large jet black puppy the size of three yetis panted and slobbered all over his head. "Okay, who let him in here?" He asked.

"Oh, he must've got out. It's okay, I'll lock him in his room." Johnny took the canine off.

"Relax, why are you so worried?" Drac smiled, using his power to rid of the saliva and dry Griffin's head. "This is Irene! The last thing she would want is for everything to go perfect!"

"I know!" Griffin exclaimed, his best men all wore white suits with black bow ties. "Because I want everything to go perfect!"

"He has been waiting forever for this," Frank nodded understandably. "Better late than never." He swayed back and fore, awkward.

"Yes, I have." Griffin agreed.

"When you see her coming down the aisle, you're gonna forget everything, trust me." Drac said with a smile. Griffin began sweating as Zombie Mozart, Bach and Beethoven played the wedding march on a piano, cello and violin. The guests turned, no bride. They faced the front again.

Babies began wailing. The best men and groom turned to Wayne, another who was a best man, with a large amount of babies strapped to his front, back and sides. "Sh, sh, it's okay." He tried. He stuck their binkies in and they suckled, closing their eyes. "Oh, when is this thing starting?" He complained.

"Gee, thanks for your support," Griffin said as his friend drooped and every baby but one (the only girl named Sunny) spat out their dummies and sobbed again.

"Aw, you made them cry, Wayne," Frank grinned. "Oh, except this little one." He adapted to baby talk and wagged his finger in front of the silent pup, bopping her nose and tickling her chin.

"That's Sunny, she doesn't cry." Wayne explained as the finger was stuck in the baby's mouth, behind her thick, sharp and knives, teeth. The Stein exclaimed in pain and brought back his hand, finger missing. "She bites." Wayne grinned, holding it up for him to take. Frank chuckled nervously.

"Any second now," Drac grinned nervously to the groom, who hunched his shoulders, "your beautiful bride is going to walk right down the aisle." No one did so. "Oh, don't worry, Mavis is with her, I'm sure everything is under control." He turned away and spoke into his headset. "Mavey, is everything under control?"

"Um... yep. Just a slight case of pre-wedding jitters." Behind the coy vampire, invisible Irene, in a sparkling spiderweb train and silk dark grey dress with an open front and was long-sleeved, off the shoulder. She also wore her matte black glasses with a oversized-wayfarer frame.

The half-vampire was squirming, flickering from being seen and then unseen, from bat to vampire, to dog to mouse. Wanda, Eunice and Crystal was there as the bridesmaids, frowning in concern. Eunice had a long light grey dress and headband. Crystal wore the same colour, a dress that was entirely off the shoulder and with an over-layer from the low chest and shoulder line to just under the breast. She also had white pearls around her neck. Wanda wore a light grey version of her every day outfit, covered in werepup babies.

Irene paced, "I can't do this, right? I mean, if something doesn't go wrong, I swear, I am gonna lose it! It can't be perfect! It'd be disturbing if something went perfectly smooth and- and--"

"Sweetie, you've been waiting centuries for this, what's holdin' you back? The fact that Griffin's out there waiting for you?" Eunice moved her hip askew.