18. Van Hellsing

Transylvania
1897

The engine of the train chugged. Inside, humans sat comfortably and quietly, all reading their papers and books, heads down. The ticketman entered, calling out in the Transylvanian tongue, hands behind his back. 6 heads whipped around when he said something about 'next stop..!'.

In three rows, the gang of monsters, disguised and unwelcomed, sat. They were dressed in floral shawls and plain, dark dresses. In the first row that they took up, Count Dracula and the almighty Frankenstein hunched down.

After them were Murray, the most powerful Mummy in all of Egypt and Wayne the vicious werewolf, his ears standing up. His eyes were wide and his fur on edge. The glowing yellow orbs of the mummy, which could easily scare the most intimidating beast in the darkness were packed with worry.

And finally, Griffin the sardonic Invisible Man, under his shawl nothing visible but glasses and next to him, the lovely but ruthlessly attractive Irene, the halfling-vampire. The Ms. Coulter of monsters, when coming down to any human in her path. All 6 head turned back around.

"Next stop..." the man continued saying. He stopped at the six 'women'. "Tickets, ladies," he held out his puncture.

"Oop, here you go," Frankenstein warbled, holding out a blue pudgy hand. His ticket was done without a single glance from the man.

"Here's mine!" Dracula said in a high tone.

"And mine!" A furry hand was given.

"Mine, too!" Murray's voice was scratchy was pressing against its limits.

"Here you go!" Griffin, who had to wear a dark coat with furry cuffs and edges to hide his invisibility, also had put on a voice.

"There," Irene put on an accent, wearing a long-sleeved dress, one like many of the other female passengers, and making herself visible, just in case it raised questions. The man, deadpan, moved on.

"Er, thank you," Drac was nervous, "young man!" He batted his eyes and smiled awkwardly.

"Man I hate wearin' disguises." Murray complained. "These heels are killin' me!" He was referring to the tiny red heels that his feet had been stuffed into.

"No one asked you to wear them. Or get that small a size," Irene whispered, "those are toddlers' size."

"Okay, take it down a notch, we don't want to alarm the humans." Drac turned and said. He faced forward and hunched down again.

"Drac," Frank pulled his friends attention at the little blonde boy in the seat in front, by his mother. He was facing them, stammering at the sight of their 'monstrous' faces.

"I'm about to freak out!" The colour was bursting in his awkward chubby cheeks.

"You're a nice kitty," Drac's eyes lit up with a crimson glow.

The boy's deep pupils turned into slits and his face beamed: "I'm goot kitty-cat! Meow, meow." He pawed at the air. Looking at Drac with his eyes large with adoration, he began lapping at the back of his hand. The vampire Count smirked in amusement.

A bulky grey and white dressed man with hair equally as insane and twisted as his face kicked the door to the carriage open, holding a great golden gun that sparked at the enormous satellite-like end. He pointed it this way and that, everyone cowering in their seats, gasping and groaning. The ones at the front of the cabin, far away from the mad-man, turned. That included the monsters.

"Oh, no, not this clown again." Drac grumbled.

"Good evening," the man began, holding his weapon to the ceiling, "travellers!" He put it on his shoulder. "I am professor Abraham Van Hellsing; yes; one of the Van Hellsings." He was slowly making his way down the carriage. "For centuries, my family's protected humanity from the evil's monsters! So you can believe in me when I tell you, there are monsters hiding amongst... you!" He roared heartily and the rooster on a man's head, which he was face to face with, cried out, alarmed. He stood again: "But fear not! For I am a professional!" He was waving his finger around like a werewolf after a ball. "And I know how to flush out these beasts!" He had taken out a matchbox and one of its sticks, "And bring them to the light!" It was now lit and he held it in front of Frank's drowsy face.

"Fire bad!!" He jumped up and screamed. All hell broke loose, the hypnotised kid even jumped in the air and yowled in fright.

"I want my coat back after this," Irene muttered to Griffin.

"I gotcha."

Frank ran, knocking over several waiters holding trays. His friends, in the order that they sat, all followed, screaming. "He's out!" Murray yelled. Van Hellsing was chasing them. This was bad. Every zap with his ray-gun was torture, because he painfully missed.

The monsters all climbed the ladder to the roof of the train, Frank was panting. As they ran, they began ditching more and more of their outfits. The mummy shrieked as they jumped over Van Hellsing's angry face when his head poked up from in between two carts. The chase was brutal, they dodged every blast. All that was left of the disguises were the boots that Griffin wore and the heels that Murray held.

It soon came to a dead end and Drac panicked, the hunter was gaining on them, "Sorry guys!" He yelled and threw his comrades off the train. They all crashed on the trunks several trees.

Irene groaned. "Griffin, where's my coat?"

"Oops." He chuckled awkwardly.

"I'm never going to let you forget this." She mumbled. "It suited you, but still."

"I think I stretched it out." He said, moving his arms and losing grip to the tree.

"In your dreams, loser." Irene scoffed, grabbing his hand, stopping him from falling.