15. 5th birthday party (V is for Vlad, not vampire)

'HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, DENNIS' read the spider's web. Children squealed excitedly at the party. Balloons of every shade and colour decorated the ceiling and arches. Mavis wore her cape, a bunch of the werepups whisked around her feet. All the Loughran family was dressed as Zombies, paint and all, and Johnny a vampire (with a blonde wig that looked like a monkey's butt). Drac was wandering around nervously.

Irene stood by Griffin. "So, tell me, you do you know that you have red hair?" She grinned, teasing.

"Well, all Invisibles can see the transparent shapes of what the monster looks like," he said, "as you know. Because..." He sipped his drink. "But the glasses bring out the tint of colour. Like stained glass. Like I said: how else do we get to see our beautiful selves in the mirror?"

"Interesting." Irene smiled. "Look, if you're not gonna say it, I will-"

"I was getting to it, Reney. Give it time."

"We may not have time. Word in the knight stand says that Mavis invited Vlad."

"No." He breathed.

"Yes!" Irene exclaimed. "Now say it, if I'm not!"

"Alright! Take it easy. Okay," Griffin cleared his throat, "Irene."

"Wow, that was just- wow, you never call me that. Wow, at least make it a little personal. Wow, just, oh, my rabies, wow." She quipped.

"Hey, all right. I'm nervous. Reney, I've been thinking, what Drac said about the whole engage-"

The door shot open with a crimson light. And there, Vlad was. "Alright, where's my vampson?" He asked. The room was still.

"Oh, please." Drac hunched over, "Still has to make a dramatic entrance." He hid the actor who was going to dress like Cakie. "Dad!" He smiled nervously. "Look at you! Hoho-"

"So you run a hotel now?" The aged voice of his father said. "From Prince of Darkness to King of Room Service."

"Yes, so good to see you!" He chuckled nervously. "I'll be right with you!" He rushed the actor off to Frank, who munched on a whole plate of party food. "Keep Vlad away from the humans and Mavis." He told his friend.

"I'm on it," he saluted, mouth full. Drac continued moving the human. Johnny's parents approached the elderly vampire.

"Ohm now that is a neat costume," Linda, the mother, broke character as a Zombie.

Vlad sniffed her. "These two smell funny."

"Oh, you're European." She smiled. She was such a loud mouth. "It's called de-odor-ant."

"Nothing like insulting and entire continent, Linda." Mike, the husband, deadpanned.

Frank stopped in the way and shoved the humans back. "Hey, Count! How goes it? Frankenstein. Actually, I'm technically Frankenstein's monster." He continued to ramble.

"You were saying?" Irene turned back to Griffin.

"This is Murray." Frank disrupted the mummy kissing his girlfriend's hand.

He screamed: "Ahh! Please don't kill me!" He cleared his throat. "I mean, yo, V. What's up?" He crossed his arms. The female mummy had already gone off.

"Talking toilet paper. Well, that's a new one." Vlad insulted casually. Murray shrank into himself. "All right! Where's the kid? That's who I want to meet."