17. The question

It was a killer party with loud music, (I'm in love with a Monster, to be exact). Drac, wearing headphones, was the DJ. All the couples danced.

"Oh, he'll buy me a thorn, before he'll buy me a rose." Frank noticed a platter of cupcakes being served and he wolfed it down. Eunice glared at him and he smiled awkwardly.

"Be covered in dirt, before I'm covered in gold. He's trying it on, yeah, he's taking me out." Murray and his date danced. He ended up cricking his back. Blobby took his place after he fell over. "Say what you want, but I won't ever be told."

Mavis danced calmly, smiling and Johnny busted erratic, embarrassing moved. "'Cause I'm in love with a monster!" By them, Dennis and Winnie did the same.

"Friends say I'm stupid, and I'm out of my mind," Vlad and Drac did the same moves, originally standing stoically next to one another once the singing started. "But without you, boy, I'd be bored all the time. No, I don't really care for the same conversation," Linda was giving some dorky moves beside awkward Mike, "Got everything I need and I'd rather be chasing," Dennis paused the woman for the man to finally bring his groove on, "chasing love with a monster."

Irene backed up and Griffin danced back when Wayne asked him about 'Emily'. Their backs touched and they gasped. Turning around, their spark and passion filled the air around them. "Alright, jeez, last chance. We've both been thinking it." She grinned.

"You know, in the last century, I think I've seen you dance once." He said.

"I'm not the dancey type. I'm the one that gets blurred out at parties. I don't like the noise much and never had anyone to... talk to."

"You know, funny thing about being invisible."

"I'm in love-"

"What's that?" Irene asked.

"I'm in love-"

"You've gotta make yourself visible." He held her hands and began dancing, every move unorthodox, forcing her to sway and move as well.

"I can't dance."

"I'm in love-"

"Who said you needed to?" He chuckled.

"Well? Don't avoid it, we've both been thinkin' it. What Drac said." She pressed, teasing, mostly.

"I'm in love with a monster!" Pups pulled and bit Wayne. Wanda approached and began making little movement, enjoying herself nonetheless.

"Right." Griffin twirled her under his arm and dipped her. "Reney," he pulled her back to her feet.

"I'm in love (I'm In love)-"

"When Drac said that if one of us murdered the other and we're suddenly engaged, it got me thinking," he said in one breath, twirling her again and spinning her at arm's length, bringing her back.

"I'm in love with a monster."

"Will you marry?" Griffin asked.

Irene rolled her eyes. "I literally thought you'd never ask." She was twirled again. Hearts emitted between them. She chuckled. As they danced, Irene forward and Griffin back, the man's back brushed against another Invisible's. The heart bubbles popped.

"Oh, sorry, I-" They both turned and love hearts came from the woman with pink pearls around her neck and cat-eye glasses.

"Oh, hey, this is my cousin, Crystal. She's 597." Irene eyed the shorter female. "Aren't you, Crystal?"

"Yeah," she was busy staring at Griffin, who leaned back nervously. "Yeah, whatever."

"He's old enough to be your dad." Irene prodded her chest gently.

"Hey, I'm not that old." Griffin defended.

"Yeah, and he doesn't look like it. But if that's the case, you're old enough to be his mom!"

"At least I have a shot."

"Oh, my Count. That is so unfair!" She whined like a spoilt brat. "You always get all the cute boys." She stomped her foot and walked off.

"What? The ones in my age zone? 1169 years young and counting! I am so sorry. Crystal is... a hopeless romantic. Sort of."

"It's fine."

"You're only saying that because she thought you were cute, cutie." Irene kissed him.

"You're cuter."

A cake was set on a table and everyone gathered. "Let me hear you sing!" Mavis exclaimed. Dennis flew to the dessert.

The gremlin lady swallowed it whole, everone stared in shock. "I di'n't do that."