22. Cara

"You know if you're in a relationship with Maeve, you can't just go fuck people around." I say to my best friend who has just got back home, looking so tired than ever. "Even though they're the ones who come to you first."

Alex rolls her eyes on me as she rests her head on the counter top.

"Who is it this time?" I put a glass of water in front of her.

She then lifts her head up and sinks her shoulders into the chair. I giggle when I see her tired, sleepy face looking so lifeless.

"Uh..." she yawns wide. "Carmen. That girl who I believe an agent. Remember her?" she squeezes her eyes. "God, I am so fucking tired."

I roll my eyes up, taking a moment processing after Alex mentions Carmen who happens to be an agent. Carmen... Carmen... Carmen...

"What the fuck?" I burst out laughing when I figure the Carmen she meant. Of course I remember her!

"She's hot. That's the thing. But I never thought that she would be that hardcore," Alex groans. "Don't fucking laugh at me."

"No wonder you're all exhausted like this," I can't stop laughing. "Way hardcore than she was?"

"Ugh," Alex pouts when she takes a sip. "Don't even ask me that."

"Damn, baby," I shake my head. "The last time I saw her was during that time we had our training. How was she?"

Agent Carmen. I remember her now fully. She used to train us in fighting and self-defense for three years. Though she must be thirty by now, Alex had a huge crush on her back then. They had a sexual intercourse before she departed and turned out Carmen had feelings towards my best friend.

And now she's back, I'm laughing.

"Like I said, hotter and sexier. She exhausts me in so many ways." Alex rests her head back on the surface. "God, you should have seen her yourself."

"Why is she here anyway?" my laugh fades slowly. "The meeting?"

"Yes. The fucking meeting." She mumbles. "And she's some sort of our manager and bodyguard now."

I laugh even harder that a tear appears on my corner eye.

"Damn, babe. I guess she's gonna keep fucking you since she's gonna follow us around." I pour her more water when she sits right back. "Isn't it exhausting that you have to have sex with HR Director, an agent and your childhood girlfriend at the moment? What if they want sex at the same time?" I laugh harder again.

"Uhhh.... Shut the fuck up, Car!" Alex just groans. "Carmen said it isn't confirm yet of her being our best friend because the President of our planet is still taking his time in considering it. God, please don't make her our best fucking friend."

I stop laughing when I sit across her. "Come on, real talk now." I say, tilting my head to meet her eyes. "Do you like Maeve?"

Alex just makes a smile on her face, raising her eyebrows in question.

"Come on, answer me." I say. "Because you can't keep doing this, you know. I don't need to say it many times."

"I do like her..." she groans again. "But I don't think she's that into me."

"Fuck the crap, asshole. Wake up." I slap her hand. "Everyone is fucking into you. Even the married ones. The singles and the couples. Don't let me start listing them out. You just need to choose."

"Technically I don't need to choose, Cara. Like I said, I really like Maeve." She tells. "But I just can't be in a relationship right now because I've fucked almost everyone. That would just make things harder."