7. Cara

"What's so funny?" I ask Alex in a pure annoyance when she laughs so loud that it hurts my eardrums. We're walking down the hall after our daily class. She just got off the phone. "Who's that anyway?"

"It was my dad", she chuckles. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm back at modeling."

"What's so funny with that?"

"Cara, baby," she grins. "I can't do that now. I'm bandaged!" She pulls up the sleeve and show me her wrapped arm that I did on her. "Perfect timing. Thanks to that jerk ass."

I scoff. Have I ever mention Alex used to be a model? I think I did. And now she's back at it. "That's great. The world must have missed to see you on the cover page." I tease. "When are you flying back to LA?"

Alex doesn't answer. She and I keep walking down the hall as eyes are on us. People are murmuring, whispering to one another as we pass by. It must have been about the boyfriend Alex had just put in the hospital. "Keep cool and keep talking to me," she whispers. I follow her lead, walking with style and laughing at her non-sense topics.

The hall freezes, not entirely freeze. It is as if we're walking in slow motions and all. "Fuck. I want out." I say quickly as the hall are filled with more people. Alex grabs my wrist and leading our way out of the building.

"You okay?" she asks me immediately when we're outside. I really don't like being surrounded by people like that, especially when they're clearly murmuring about me or both of us, with their serious faces like that as if we've just killed a king. That shit is pressurizing. "What the hell is happening in there?" We stop walking and turn our heads around at the same time towards the building, the people are still staring at us. "Did the boy die?" she huffs and we continue walking.

We both decide to go to my office at the hospital. Though Alex doesn't wanna go, I drag her with me so that we know what actually happened. Alex doesn't even give a shit about it because she holds all the cards with her but I'm just too worried about her reputations. I mean, the boy started it first, right? Alex was just being defensive.

I greet my boss when we're on our way to my office. I ignore him immediately and pretend not to hear when he calls my name. We just walk straight and faster as if we're in a hurry.

Yeah, we are actually in a hurry.

"Cara!" someone calls me from behind. I stop walking and so is Alex. A few steps away we would have reached my office. I turn around to the direction where the voice has come from. Drew jogs herself towards us. She's still wearing the white coat on her.

I motion Alex into the office and Drew follows us from behind. "Have you heard?" she starts saying between her panting breaths.

"What?" I close the door immediately as soon as everyone is inside.

"I saw the video the other day. Alex must have kicked his ass really hard."

"Yeah, about that", I utter. "What the fuck is going on right now? Did he die or something?"

"No, of course not," she replies. Alex and I stare at her for further details. "That boy wants a rematch with Alex. Haven't you see? He posted a video on our board claiming he wants a rematch with her."

"Wow," an amusement sound leaves from Alex's lips who is now leaning herself on my desk with her arms crossed. "Interesting." I give Alex a deadly glance. "Tell me more about it."

"Yeah, wow." I snap at her. "Think this through, Alex. Think this through."

"At the same gym, in the second ring. Tuesday next week, at eight pm." In that second I really want to hit Drew in the face for giving us the details. I hate her for that.