Doctors Visit (3)

"Then what?!?!?!?!" I shout. My heart is pounding. I have no idea what to expect.

"Kayla.....Your betrothed to him." He says, and I'm furious. I don't keep my anger in this time. I let it free and a light of purple goes everywhere.

The purple light goes in every direction, there is nowhere to run. I don't think ill get hurt. I don't know what power this has or if Dr.Hamby will survive it, but all i know is all that's left is smoke.

Once the smoke clears, i see Dr.Hamby on the floor.

Unconscious.

Alive.

I look into his desk, trying to find something that will tie him up until Derek can do something about him.

I search through the drawers until someone opens the door. My stomach drops and my blood goes cold as my body jerks still, frozen in place. What if someone thinks that Dr.Hamby is dead? That I killed him? 

Relief washes over me as i see a familiar face.

Riley.

"God! You scared me!" I jump into arms and hug her.

"What happened? Are you ok?" She asks stroking my hair.

"Dr.Hamby is my dad..and ..he..tried to kill me!" I sob into her arms. "Judith was my..my mom  an- and Stacy wer-were my sister. I'm.... I'm betrothed to Edgar!!!! " My tears are soaking her shirt.

She pulls me out of her embrace so i can face her. "Everything thing will be ok." She cups my face, and Dr.Hamby rolls on the ground and moans. His eye never open.

"Do you have anything you can tie him up with?" I wipe off the tears on my face.

"Yeah here." She hands me handcuffs so i can cuff him to the desk and some duct tape so we can keep him quiet. Why she has that.... I don't know nor do i want to.

After we duct tape him and tie him up, I peak my head out in the hallway and the coast is clear. So me and Riley walk out and lock the door behind us.

****

"Any more about Ava?" I ask Riley as we reach Ava's room.

"The doctors say she doing really well, considering. She awake now, and eating. She having a bit of trouble walking but the doctors say she'll be on her feet in no time." She smiles.

The one thing that Dr.Hamby did right.

"That's good." I sigh in relief.

"Do you want to come in?" She gestures for me to join her.

I can see Ava, the pain in her eyes when she tries to sit up, and i can see Brandon his sad face and guilty eyes. I don't think i can face him and Ava now.

"Ummm, I- need to check on Derek he doesn't need to be checked out after all." I say and walk away from Riley before she can respond. I can hear her call after me but i keep walking.

 ****

When I reach Derek's room he's arguing with the doctor.

"How long will that take?" He says annoyed

"A few hours." The doctor says calmly

"Do you know who i am? I have this entire place to run." He gestures his hands around the room.

"I know very well who you are." The doctor mocks his voice. "But other people might be sick to, and you just need a cat scan so -" I cut him off 

"No need." I say and Derek looks confused.

"How come?" He asks the quickly adds  "Not that I'm complaining" He glares at the doctor.

"Could you give us a minute." I ask nicely. He smiles and Derek rolls his eyes.

"My pleasure." He glares at Derek once more before leaving the room.

 "Remind me to fire him, when all of this is over." He says pulling me into his lap.

"Derek...? What are you-?" He stop when he wipes a stray tear off, and then kisses my cheek where the tear was.

"What happened?" He rubs my arm. "Did that doctor hurt you?" He growls.

"Yes." Derek face turns from sweet and caring to rage. He starts clenching a fist "No." I shake my head. "Hes- hes my father, and he had another one of those rings and possessed you, so you could kill me." I say. Avoiding Derek's eyes.

"Oh!.....well...ummm thats must have been awkward." He stutters and i laugh.

"Yeah..it was, and what made it more awkward is that he mentioned he tried to kill me when i was younger because.." I stop because i don't think Derek will be pleased with me being betrothed to Edgar.

"Because what?" He pushes on.

"Of this place, He knew i was the prophecy so he and Judith-" Derek cuts me off

"Judith?" He asks confused

"Oh yeah, she was my mom, and Stacy was my sister." I tell Derek and shock take over his features.

"Wow." He says " I need to cancel that scan now." He lifts me off his lap onto the hospital bed.

"Derek!" I call after him but he just keeps walking.

So that's how that feels.

It sucks

****

 I went to visit Ava and Brandon in her room, when Ava scream.

"Kayla!!!" He arms stretched to give me a hug so i gave her one. Her grip was so tight i could barley breath. I don't know if she was trying to hug me to death or if she was happy to see me.

"Cant!!!......Breathe..." I gasp and she lets go.

"Sorry, I'm just glad your ok...well almost ok, owww that look like it hurt." She points to my head.

"Yeah.. did you get checked out yet?" Brandon asks and  wipes my hair out of my face.

"No, i was busy talking to Dr.Hamby....AKA my father." I hear Brandon gasp.

"I knew it!" Ava gasps. And i stare at her "What you too looked way to similar not to be related." She tries to defend herself.

"It gets worse...Judith was my mom." I'm pretty sure Brandon's eyes hit the floor, the popped out so much

"That...I have no explanation for." Ava tries to me me laugh.

"Kayla can we talk outside for a minute?" Brandon looks at the floor.

"Sure." I get up and he leads me out the door.

"Brandon I'm-" He cuts me off my kissing me passionately, His hands rest on my waist to pull me closer to him as i wrap my arms around his neck. I didnt know if he really did like me this way but now i know he does.

We keep kissing until we hear a tiny gasp and we look over.

Its Derek. Standing there in shock. I look down and watch his feet....walk away