chapter 38

MAX's POV

We enter the boardroom and sit down and face the rest of the board members.
This was the final moment, the reckoning. I turned and look at Nik and smiled inwardly at his show of strength!
He was not cowed or shaken or bowing down to anyone! He was here to finish business.

He immediately went for the kill and offered to buy back shares for his company. The smart ones folded and ofcourse asked for exorbitant share prices way above the market value! I gritted my teeth annoyed at this.
I know this would cost Nik a lot and he'd be basically putting everything on the line to save his major company.
After agreements were signed, it was finally time to face the big fish!
Harold walked in with the pseudo owners of the company that started all this trouble for Nik.

I can't believe how my grandfather could go this far! How dare he ! I thought as i seethed inside

Nik leaned down and whispered to me while simultaneously squeezing my hands to calm me down

"Relax baby, okay, don't worry about a thing" he said to me trying to reassure me

I smiled back and squeezed his hand to reassure him because I know he was worried about me.

As soon as they are seated, the same offer is given to them and I see grandfather looking at Nik tentatively. It was hard to read what he was thinking .

The other team refuse the offer albeit a generous sum was offered! I saw Nik get angry and I squeezed his hand to calm him down! This was getting heated.

Finally they suggest a ridiculous amount and Nik accepts it and I knew this was it! All his money would be going into this and this would be all he was left!

As soon as the agreements were signed he immaculately stood up and gave his hand out to me.

"Let's get out of here!" He said

I put my hand in his and we walked out that room with our heads held high and we drove back home .
As soon as we entered, we were shocked to see the rest of our family there and they welcomed us with hugs and just kept saying we would get through this as well.
They were very shocked when we mentioned how it all unfolded and how Harold was involved.

After having dinner with the family, we said our goodbyes and went back indoors.
Nik just put his hands around my shoulders and led me to the sofa and we lie down with him hovering over me as we just hold each other and hug and just be in each other's arms.

Nik lifts his head up slightly and frames my face in his hands laying tiny soft kisses allover my face as I smile and giggle

"How're you holding up?" He asks kissing my lips softly

"You give me strength, I'm borrowing it from you " I reply

" I am glad to hear that, we will get through this, the worst is over " he says

"I know, I just can't believe my grandfather went to all these lengths to get back at you " I say

"That's on him , Gosh ! You looked so amazing and sexy standing up to him, I was beyond proud of you " he says

"All I knew is that it was time to stand up to him and I'm glad I did. He was very hard and relentless on me growing up" I reply

"Oh my love, forget it all for now" he says putting me back in his chest.

"Yes, I love you Nik so much" I say

"I love you too " he responds and continues
"I've decided I'll be taking some good weeks away from my office and just spend some good time with you at work, I did promise you " he says

"Are you serious?" I ask very excitedly
It would be nice having Nik around my work and just spending quality time together.
I know how much this has taken a toll on the both of us and frankly we needed the time away from it all.

The tabloids would be crazy and we had to weather it all. Being able to do it together is just what we needed! There would be alot of storms and I'm just glad we had each other to get through this