Chapter 10

Nik

Two weeks! No word from Max? I'm just glad this business deal is over and done with. I need to call my lawyer right now.
Where is my phone?
I check around and finally get it. I flop on my bed and dial his number, he answers on the first ring,

"Mr. Starlinsky" he says

"Did he change his mind?" I ask"

"No, he's very stubborn!" The lawyer says

"That he is! You know what? I'm taking my chances, when I fly back, I'm going to talk to him" I say

Yeah, this was the only way. I know how stubborn Max was. I'll go see him and that's that.

"Sir, you can't..." The lawyer tried to protest

"Just in case, organize bail money for me" I tell him

He laughs and says,"Alright sir"

My flight was in an hour. I call reception to get me a car to the airport. I'll be home in a few hours.
Then probably jail in a few hours when I go see Max. This was going to be interesting.

A few hours later, I get out of the car towards Max's place. Honestly, I'm very nervous. I don't know what will happen or how he will react.

Fingers crossed, I park and head to the side of the building that's his house. I love what he's done with the place. Its looks warm and welcoming with his personal touches.

I knock on the door and wait. No answer! I frown and try the door and find it unlocked. I slowly push the door as I get in. I call out to him but no response.
I check our the living room and he's nowhere to be found.
I then head to the kitchen and I stand there mesmerized!
Max is all but shirtless displaying his muscles and delectable body. That captures my attention and I start feeling those tingles again. I take in a deep breathe because I can't seem to get enough oxygen. Its what's Max is doing that has got me all bothered.
He's at the sink holding a glass bowl filled with succulent red strawberries soaked in wine. He chooses a juicy one and swirls it in the wine before taking it to his lips and taking a bite that makes him close his eyes and moan in ecstasy. Some of the juices runs down his gorgeous soft looking lips, but he flicks his tongue out to lick the droplets.

I feel myself getting hot and hope I don't look as aroused as I feel. That's when he opens his eyes and looks at me. He blushes a deep red his cheeks slashed high with color.
He pushes the bowl back in the sink and looks at me irritated.

"What do you want?" He asks going to the kitchen counter chopping onions.

He can even cook! I marvel!

"I'm not here to fight or anything, I'm here to talk, I'm asking for a chance to just talk" I say

"Could have just called" he mutters now chopping carrots and dicing them perfectly

"You blocked me" I remind him and he now slices some tomatoes. He continues to the pantry pulling out a cooking pot.

"With good reason" he says putting the pot on fire and adding in the ingredients.

"Just a chance" I tell him looking around noticing he's actually made many dishes of food.
I uncover one to check it and I receive a slap on my wrist. I pull back immediately,

"Ouch!" I say

"No touching the food!" He says
I grudgingly sit down on one of the kitchen island stools.

"Are you having a party?" I ask

"No!" He says stirring the food he's cooking

"Then what?" I ask suddenly very curious .

"None of your business Nik, now leave, my guests will be here soon" he says checking his watch

"Can I stay?" I ask hopeful

"What exactly is wrong with you?" He asks shaking his head

Before I can answer, I hear a knock on the door and footsteps heading to the living room.
He smiles and hurries to the living room.

"My guests are here" he says as I quickly hope off the stool following him.

I freeze in utter disbelief. I can't believe this. What's going on here?

"Mom? Dad? Ventura?" I ask

I wrote this sleepily lol
Don't forget to vote