Chapter 4

Max...

At the reception, people are mingling and talking to each other as I hide in the corner. Niks friends keep passing by giving me sneering looks especially his snooty girlfriend.
I keep avoiding them but they finally corner me,

"You rich brat! I can't believe you got your grandfather to get you Nik! He deserves better" Alexia says

I just lower my head and keep quiet. They continue mocking and insulting me. Tears well in my eyes but I blink them back.

" Are you crying chubby?" One of them asks

They all burst out laughing as the tears keep coming.

"We'll save Nik from you so he won't have to put up with you" his snooty girlfriend says.

Immediately, they announce the first dance and all eyes turn to me. Caught on the spot. Nik comes and holds his hands out to me. I go reluctantly because I can't really dance.
When the song plays, I keep stepping on Nik's toes and he gives me a thunderous look.
When the song ends, I run to the bathroom in tears. I sob my heart out. I've never done anything to anyone! I was just a victim of grandfather's schemes just like Nik. But everyone saw me as the villain. I was doing this for my mother, she deserved good treatment.
This was supposed to be a happy day but it was the worst day of my life.

Adeline finds me and takes me to kitchen. She gives me ice cream which cheers me up and I stay talking to her.
My stuff had already been sent to Nik's parents house.

A few hours later, I look around for Nik but I can't find him. I go the balcony and find him kissing his snooty girlfriend! On our wedding day!
I turn around and my legs give out, I slide to the ground sobbing. Heart wrenching sobs! I don't even know why I'm crying anymore.
I cry for my father who everyone says loved me so much, I cry for my poor mother, I cry for myself. I cry for my future, I cry for having such a painful life, I cry for not growing up with my parents, its all just too much for me.

What kind of day was this? Why?

I  finish sobbing just hurry and go sit down with no tears left to cry.

When the party ends, I go to Niks home with his parents. I have a headache and I just want to lie down.

When we reach, Niks mum just shows me to my room and I fall in bed with all the exhaustion and emotions of the day.

Nik

I sway almost falling down on my face!
What is wrong with me? Why am i so sleepy and my head is killing me!
I can't believe I finally got married! Why am I even surprised. I was paid for! I kick the chair next to me.
But I swear I will work hard and pay back every penny Harold gave my family!

I wonder where max is. I sway on my feet but find my way upstairs to the bedrooms. I enter the bedroom and find Max sleeping. I fall on the bed which startles him and he let's out a scream.

Wasn't this my room? I look around in a dizzy fog and realize it isn't. I try to get up but I just can't. I fall dizzily on the bed and sleep.

I wake up a few hours later and find Max crying. I don't even look him in the face and hurrry out of the room.

The next day, I avoid him at all costs and leave for Harvard even though school  won't start for a few weeks.

I ruined my own life but I swear I'll take it back.

First four chapters.....how do you like it so far? Don't forget toVote and comment