Chapter 46

*************************************

Hello my loves!I'm back, feeling refreshed, feeling good and ready to continue this crazy writing journey! Sometimes, it makes me want to pull my hair out, but it also keeps me sane

Hello my loves!
I'm back, feeling refreshed, feeling good and ready to continue this crazy writing journey!
Sometimes, it makes me want to pull my hair out, but it also keeps me sane. Taking a small break was nice, but I'm ready to get back into it!
Thank you to everyone who was supportive of my need for a time-out. You guys are so sweet and I appreciate each and every one of you! Enjoy the chapter loves!

*******************************

 ********************************

The next morning, Ronan called for an emergency council meeting. Dristan told me about it over breakfast and I feigned ignorance, pretending to be surprised and intrigued.

"I wonder what it's about this time." I said, rolling my eyes.

I'd found ways to hide my true emotions from the bond. Not entirely, but I could camouflage them if I pretended to feel something other than how I really felt. Inside, I was cringing from the guilt of lying to my mate. I knew exactly what the meeting was about.

But instead of letting my guilt seep through the bond, I thought of my annoyance for Ronan and let it overpower any other emotion floating around inside my crowded mind. Unless Dristan dug deeply, he wouldn't notice.

"I don't know, but he's insisting that it's of utmost urgency." He grumbled, sipping his black coffee.

I wrinkled my nose. "How can you stand the taste of that without cream and sugar?"

He shrugged, draining the mug. "I like to think that I appreciate things in their purest form." He set the mug down gently and lifted his eyes to mine. "Perhaps that's why my favorite version of you is when you're naked."

My jaw fell open and I tried to hide my smile with a scoff. "You are..." I shook my head, pressing my lips together when my emerging smile betrayed me.

He smiled, his teeth white and sharp in them morning light. "I am....What? Charming? Irresistible?"

"A pervert!" I laughed, picking off a piece of my bagel and throwing it playfully toward his face. He caught it in his mouth and winked at me.