X. "Close one, Ms. Hudson."

X.

"What in the actual f*ck?" I said to myself as Chance and I walked into the school where flyers with my name on them were plastered all around the place.

"Danny, you're famous." Chance laughed from beside me.

I elbowed him in his stomach. "Shut up."

"Smile!" I heard a pitchy girly voice say from behind me as I turned my head quickly as she snapped her camera, the flash almost blinding me in the process.

"Congratulations on your nomination." Jonathan said as he walked pass me.

I didn't even know he could pronounce those words. I felt someone pull my arm.

"Come on, superstar. Don't let the fame get to your head so fast." Chance smiled.

I clinged to his arm for dear life as we walked down the hallway. I'm not used to people being all in my face smiling and what not. I don't see how Chance does it.

We make it to my locker and Adrian is already there leaning against it. Today is just going to be event packed, isn't it?

"Uh oh, want me to handle it?" Chance asked as I parted from him.

"I got this, I'll see you in first period." I say to him as I walk up to Adrian who still hasn't noticed I was there.

He finally looks up and smiles showing of his surreal crystal white teeth.

"The glint in your teeth is blinding me." I say as I squint my eyes as if it were really blinding me. His smile lessened, meaning he didn't get my joke. "Anyway, about homecoming..."

"I already bought you a peach flower thing so, you'll have to find a dress that color." he said blandly as the bell rang. "Catch you later."

I just watched as he walked down the hallway, not even giving me time to answer. Homecoming was in four days and at this rate I was never going to get rid of Adrian. I walked down the hallway to English not even bothering to grab my Calculus book for my next class, I didn't need it anyhow.

I made it to class right when the tardy bell rang.

"Close one, Ms. Hudson." Ms. Tyler said to me as I took my seat in front of Chance.

"Did you get rid of him?" he asked as I pulled out my material and noticed that the pink notebook was still in there. I pulled it out along with my binder.

"Nope, they were right he's a total d!ck." I said low enough for only him and I to hear.

"I guess I'm going to have to intervene after all." he grinned.

"No, stay away from this, Chance." I said to him before turning around.

"Ms. Hudson? Is Mr. DuBose giving you a hard time?" Ms. Tyler asked as I started writing down the notes on the overhead, but noticed I had already written them last week after school.

"No ma'am he's good. May I get a pass to the library since I already did all of today's work last week?" I asked as I closed my binder and slid the notebook inside of it.

"Sure." she smiled and held a written pass out to me as I got up, grabbing my things.

"See you later." I whispered to Chance to which he grinned and nodded. I walked to the teacher's desk and grabbed the pass from her hand whilst making my way out of class as fast as I could.

I could've stayed in class but I wanted to go somewhere private to read the notebook I had found yesterday. I'm dying to know what's inside. I really don't know what to expect, but who would in my situation.