17

He stayed silent for what felt like to be the longest time. He inclined his head for me to come sit down. I came closer eventually sitting on the wooden arm chair near his desk. I felt guilty for being insensitive because no one ever deserves to be ridiculed about such a traumatic issue.

" I shouldn't of said what I said but a part of me said you deserved it" I said.

He huffed a long breath and said " I don't need your pity! If you dare expose my secret I will do far worse than what I did before" he said in a hushed tone. I wasn't surprised anymore. He's like a leopard and leopards don't change their spots no matter how much you wish they could. I glared at him.

" All I did was come to apologise because I will not stoop to your level and become a piece of shit you are! And another thing if you didn't want your secret to be exposed you shouldn't of told me asshol-"

He lunged towards me and grabbed me by my hair. I scrambled underneath his grip and instinctively went into survival mode. I bit his arm. He let out a scream and a curse as I grabbed a nearby thin vase and threatened to smash his brains out. He lifted his hands in surrender and I inched closer to the door handle. It fumbled underneath my hand and opened a few seconds later. I eyed him as  was out of his sight and slammed the door shut. 

My anger was oozing out of my body. I needed time to cool down before we headed back home to the kingdom. I rushed through the halls; my clothing swaying with the direction of the wind.  Strangely tears started to seep out of my eye sockets. My chest tightened. This feeling was unusual. It was as though I felt something for...him. I brushed that thought instantly out of my mind. I would be stupid to ever love him.

I forcibly opened the double white sleek doors  and decided I would like to take a swim down the lake. I didn't understand how I was functioning. I was starting to notice he was getting tired of my constant stubbornness. It looked like he met someone his match. I looked around as I breathed in the crispy air. Instantly the lake caught my eye. I decided I was going to go for  a swim and cool myself down before anyone saw me slightly half naked. 

When I arrived near the lake I slowly removed my upper garments. I decided to keep my lingerie on to protect my dignity from lurking eyes. I dipped my feet in and swam around for what felt like a century. I was day-dreaming when a the blonde maid appeared out of nowhere. I joked and she caught on to it because she instantly started apologising for scaring me. I hushed her and Sia dit was ok.

she breathed a sigh of relief and then informed me that the carriage was awaiting and it was time to head home. She put down a towel and inclined her head and proceeded to walk back inside. When she was gone I got out and dried myself. I strongly felt uncomfortable to be sharing a carriage with him because of various reasons.

A few hours later everything was packed and I stood by the carriage. It was the same one from last time. I thanked the staff for their outstanding hospitality and Blake just hopping in without showing any sort of gratitude. I went inside after and the carriage instantly picked up momentum. We sat opposite each other in silence . I could see at the back of my eye he was staring at me. I ignored this and looked out of the window.

" Why do you look away from me?" He said suddenly. I was shocked at this and looked at him dead in the eye.

" I don't need to be reminded that I am married to a monster!" I remarked.

He grumbled and then spoke again. " I can't help how I react. You just make me so angry. I wasn't always like this".

Instantly I started to grow angry.

How dare he!

"I couldn't careless about you. You did the unthinkable and to think that this tragic moment you still make it about you shows how conceded and heartless you are. I will make sure that you are reminded every day of what you are" I scorned.

The whole time I spoke I didn't give him eye contact because we both established I was not scared of him. I felt nothing but hatred in my body therefore, I didn't have space for fear.

He opened then shut his mouth.

He was quiet for once.

Surprisingly

I felt a weight lift of my shoulders.

This was the first time I breathed out a long deep sigh.

Then I just looked out of the window till for the whole journey.