3

Thudding and shouting from the distance woke me up frantically as I looked for Suha , only to realise she was sleeping on my lap. We had disobeyed the king and now we were being hunted like a heard of animals.

I knew that we were either going to be humiliated in front of the village and then be killed in a horrible way or simply die a thousand painful deaths.

The king was a man I never knew could flood fear and pain into the hearts of innocent people who wanted to live . I wondered why he was ruthless, even though his dad had the same reputation. However, his dad had one wife, he didn't own no sex slaves. I think his wife was the one who kept him in check.

I sat for a while just planning in my mind how on earth we were going to get away from this village. Suddenly, Suha started whimpering in her sleep, she was thrashing and bashing her hands around. Panic arose in my body and I tried calming her down quietly. "S-suha.....shhh...it's ok! Hey! Wake up it's me Brianna. Please calm down" I pleaded.

She jerked up and looked at me, tears forming in her eyes. She roughly hugged me and said prayers of thanks. Now I was even more determined to keep her safe. The amount of love that was lingering in my heart was enough to protect her with my life. She didn't deserve this and I will not allow HIM! To take her away from me.

"Hey Suha , listen to me ok! I've been thinking all night on how to get out of this place. We will head over to north near the mountains. I will disguise you first and then I will follow after you do it doesn't looks suspicious...", I said confidently. But there as a sense of fear and discourage in the air.

However, Suha nodded and we both got ready to leave. But before we got up, shouting and murmuring got louder and louder until the group of people were near our window.

" I think they are inside this old building and you guys are fools to not check it out. I want to get that money that's for their head. I don't understand why the king wants them. They are disgusting black whores!", a deep voice said angrily. Anger filled inside me and Suha looked at me wearily. Everyone in my neighbourhood knew that I had a tendency to lose my anger but this was justified.

How dare he have a bounty on our heads. Now we will never be safe. Who the fuck did he think he was to take away our divinity and self-identity. My blood was boiling when I felt a hand touch my open palm. It was Suha , she looked scared and I instantly cooled down.

I couldn't let her see me lose my shit when it mattered. I looked at her and squeezed her hand for reassurance. " I'm sorry, I can't bare the thought of a man who doesn't even know us to be hunting us like we are pigs", I whispered.

She agreed and we both stayed hidden behind some unwanted wood and scrap. The men were still arguing about whether to go inside and my anxiety levels grew and grew until another voice said.

" If your so in love with this building why don't you go inside it and get mauled to death! I clearly want to get the money not be six foot underground", he said. The voice was hoarse like someone who smokes fifty-five cigarettes a day. I was so confused why he was talking like it was haunted until I realised that we were inside "Hellhound house".

Legend had it that people who went inside it never came out. Another wave of fear shot through my body. We HAD to get out of here even if it meant there was the possibility of getting caught.

The people outside were debating when they all agreed in the end to not bother risking their lives for money.

Me and Suha looked at each other in relief. I whispered, " We have to get out of here like now! It was dark last night and I didn't see where we were going into". She understood where I was coming from and we slowly both got up from the awkward position we were sat in. I slowly peeked my head through the window and when the coast was clear, I motioned for Suha to get ready to follow me.

I walked in a crouching position in case we were seen and we would be able to duck out of the way quickly. We walked through the dungeon like rooms watching out for any signs of men or human flesh eating stray dogs. We were near the exit and a weight started lifting from my chest.

I nodded for Suha to leave first and not draw any attention to herself. She hesitated for a minute but built up the courage to go ahead. She braced her body and walked in a feminine manner. I gave her my lilac maids hat so she looked ordinary and unimportant. She walked and walked and walked. I was about to breath a sigh of relief when someone grabbed her out of nowhere.

A scream escaped her lungs and my heart leapt out of my chest as I saw a tall muscular man wearing armour hold her from behind. She screamed and thrashed trying to get away. How could they find us! I tried to run to protect her but my body wasn't moving. I stayed hidden but I could see what was happening outside.

Then I saw him. He walked in a powerful and scary pace. For a split second Suha froze. She knew that it was the end for her and when it hit her she fought tooth and nail. But the solider was too strong for her. He grabbed her tightly and slapped her across the face to show off his masculinity.

She let out a whimper and my heart ached. She didn't deserve this and to think it was all his fault made me so angry my nails pierced through my dress that I had been squeezing.

He walked in front of the building and with a smirk spoke " I know you are in there. Out of kindness I will give you three seconds to show yourself or I swear I will make you eat her dead corpse", he screamed loudly. His tone was cold and sinister. I had never felt so sick to my stomach. How gruesome can someone be, that cold heart had a soft spot.

Whenever I was put into an unpleasant situation I always cried tears of frustration. My anger was imminent and very obvious. It was humiliating, demeaning and simply a situation I would avoid.

He started counting slowly"...3....2....1". Before he could finish counting. I emerged and here he was the monster of destruction.

A smirk built up on his face and I lost my temper.....