{Chapter 21}

"Jeff!" His name must have been repeated by you at least one-hundred times, but the open sky had echoed it to a much larger amount. Your [color] [sneakers/boots] were officially covered in mud to the extent that you were unable to see the original color. You didn't care if your favorite shoes were ruined or not. "Jef-." Your foot slipped and you fell face first into the trunk of a tree. You groaned and held back tears once again.

'Stop crying,' you thought to yourself, trying to keep everything under-wraps. You looked up, your [eye color] orbs that were glistening from watery tears scanned the area. You were desperately trying to seek out the man you were chasing, and the only thing that illuminated the dark night was the occasional strike of lightning. After multiple minutes of sitting and waiting to finally spot him, you let out a scream of frustration. You were feeling so many things: anger, sadness, betrayl, regret, love, hate. However, it all just boiled down to one thing.

Confusion.

The scream had echoed multiple times, so that the sound had spread throughout forest. The thought of the residents of the mansion hearing the scream and everyone searching, Toby running to you, and Jeff was running away, already long gone. The small, brief vision forced the tears to finally flow, and you began to sob uncontrollably into your dirty hands. Slowly, a familiar figure emerged from the trees. The dark, stormy night hid most of the light, making it nearly impossible to see his face. However, his burnt blue eyes were shimmering in fear and uncertainty, while his curved smile seemed to be in a frown. "[Nam]-."

"What? What do you want from me, Jeff?" The reply was quiet, and followed by more heartbroken sobs.

"I-I don-."

"Then, please, explain to me. I have loved you. I have chased after you. I've hated you. I've fought you. I've nursed you. I have done everything that I can, but you seem to be so upset with me." His eyes seem to flash.

"I love you! I always did, and after that night, you avoided me!! Did Toby give you lessons or something!?" You bit back another sob. Yes, it did hurt, but it was also the truth.

"I'm sorry..." Your reply was simple and just barely audible. You slowly looked through your [hair color] bangs, your eyes reflecting every bit of pain that you had been holding back. "I was wrong. I didn't really want to avoid you, though. After that morning, I was just scared that you would hate me, and never forgive me. I was running away from my problems, but not because I felt like I was too weak to fight. No. It was because I thought that I already lost you, and I had lost all hope. I had lost my reason to do everything."

You two stared at each other, unsure of what to say. For the first time in weeks, though, you looked sure and passionate about what you had said. He seemed to smile a little and kneel by you, resting his forehead against yours. "You know how much I love that look in your eye?" You couldn't hide the blush that was on your face from what he said. "I could never stop loving you. I wished every night that I could nuzzle my face into your [hair color] locks," he paused, gently lifting a handful of your hair and taking in its scent. "and, how every morning, I wished that I could hold you close and never let you go." On cue, he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you into his chest.

Your mystical orbs widened in surprise before you began crying into him. He gently ran his hand down your hair in a relaxing motion. You slowly felt yourself leaning on him for full support.You had missed being able to count on him and trust him with whatever you thought of -- with whatever you felt like you needed to say. "J-Jeff..." you whispered as you gripped onto his stained hoodie. "Don't let me go!" That was it. You broke down into uncontrollable sobs and cries.

Jeff wrapped his arms around you, whispering gently into your ear, "Never again." You two stood like this for minutes, which turned to over half an hour. Your sobs had stopped, and you were now sitting in the forest. The rain had stopped, and stars twinkled, as if screaming, "My ship~!" You slowly looked up, a smile on your face.

"I will never stop loving you." Jeff kissed your head before picking you up, bridal style.

"How could I?" he grinned.