{Chapter 7}

"Is she coming to?" a young male's voice asked. It was faint and seemed far away, yet, you could understand every word that was spoken.

"You asked me that five minutes ago, Elf Boy. The operation is done, now it's up to her determination and strength to save her, but, if what Slenderman said is true, she should be awake in no time," another, more husky voice replied, irritation relevant in his tone.

"I AM NOT AN ELF!!" the first voice yelled, causing you to bolt up. You squinted your [eye color] orbs by the blinding light that was on in the middle of the room. The walls were a dark navy blue that has chalk scribbles covering every inch. Some of it looked like math, others science, but a lot of it didn't look English, or any known human language for that matter. You were on a larger, king sized bed with blue covers and white pillows. In front of you were two young men; one had blonde hair with black eyes and red pupils.. He was dressed like Link from Legend of Zelda and even had the ears, which did make him look slightly elf-ish. He looked young, but, something told you that his age wasn't as cut and dry as it seemed.

The other seemed around seventeen-to-nineteenish. He had almost grey skin and deep Chestnut brown hair that was untamed, spiking up this way and that. Even though it looked like it hadn't been brushed in a few days, it looked kinda cute. He wore a dark blue mask, much like that of the duvet covers, only with black where his eye sockets would usually be with dried black ooze on it. "Your awake," he stated calmly.

You blinked. "I think that's a duh," you replied, voice dripping in sass. The blonde boy grinned and laughed.

"I like this one, she's feisty!" he called childishly.

You gripped your knife that was in its leather sheath that you had made by hand. "Watch it, or I'll attack," you hissed, your [lip color] lips turned in a frown. The brunette threw his head back in deep laughter, his large grin exposing his pure white fangs. A shiver ran through your back.

'Is he a vampire? Is he going to eat me? Or will he just suck me dry?' You mind was running a million miles per second, and couldn't land on a solution.

"Calm yourself, child," a familiar voice spoke. You jumped as you turned around to see the faceless man in the tux. Your fearful [eye color] orbs looked at him, but they hardened in a stoic member when you spotted the smiling killer. You felt anger boiling up, but you standing in the same defensive manner.

"What?" you finally asked after an intense staring contest with the lidless eyes. "Why did you bring me here? If you want a fight, I'll be able to take you all!" The eyeless man in the suit simply seemed to "stare" into the depths of your soul.

"... You don't need to be scared," he stated after the long silence. You felt your fake courage shatter and your knees go weak. "We are not here to hurt you."

You held up your knife and it glistened despite the lack of light. "Don't you dare lie to me; everyone who claims that end up trying to murder me in my sleep," you stated angrily. Your eyes traveled to Jeff. "and having him with you does not ease my un-trusting nature." The white skinned creature glared at the teenage boy, who shrugged as if he was an innocent bystander.

"I apologize for him, Miss [Name]. He does not have much self-control, and he hasn't had a killing spree in a while." You never looked away from the smiling man and shook your head.

"I don't trust him, but you do have some of my trust and respect since you saved me." You looked down at your bandaged arm with a frown. Your eyes shot up, worry evident. "Where is [Pet Name]!?" you demanded worriedly

The man wearing a blue mask tilted his head curiously. "You mean the wolf? She is just down the hall." You sprinted towards the door and shoved Jeff aside.

"[PET NAME]!!! [PET NAME]!!" you practically screamed, tears stinging your [eye color] eyes. You felt fear and pain that you haven't in years. You flung open another dark oak door and looked around. You saw your best friend wolf sitting by a man with brown hair, wagging her tail. The man had orange goggles on top of his bed-head brown hair; he also wore dark blue jeans that had dirt all over them and a brown hoodie with lighter brown stripes and a blue hood. His deep brown eyes looked up at your arrival and a small, gentle grin greeted you.

"You m-must be [N-Name]. It's r-really nice to finally meet you. S-Sorry a-about J-Jeff. He's an asshole." You relaxed and giggled at how he spoke of the male you despised. "Good n-news is that your f-friend is healthy and happy." You kneeled and hugged the female wolf who trotted to you with a joyful whimper. After a few moments, you looked up at the young teenager and smiled.

"Thank you, umm..?" He seemed to fidget and twitch more from your smile when you directed towards him.

"M-My n-name i-is T-Toby," he almost whispered. You stood and walked to him, offering your hand.

"It's nice to meet you." A slight cherry blossom hue came to his face as he gently shook your bandaged hand with his that wore a leather glove. You turned around to see Slenderman and Jeff standing in the doorway.

"Oh, I see you met Toby. He is my loyal proxy. I think of him as a son." Toby started bouncing happily in his computer chair and he babbled joyfully to himself. You giggled and smiled at his actions, thinking of them as cute. "But, Toby. I need to speak to [Name] privately." Toby's grin shrunk a little but it still spread across his face as he nodded in approval. The white man then motioned for you to follow him. As you two exited the room, your eyes met with the wider-than-before eyes of Jeff. They seemed as if they showed disbelief and confusion on his half. This made you tilt your head, but you didn't slow your pace and left behind the two males. You and your savior entered an incredibly large room. It seem like it should have been like any mortal's office, however, the size of everything was nearly doubled.

"Please, sit, child." You looked at a red velvet chair and attempted to jump up, as if a child trying to enter their parents' car. A chuckle came from the Tall Man as his tendril wrapped around your waist and sat you down. You nodded gratefully as he sat across from you, behind the desk. "Now, [Name], I have noticed that you yourself are a killer." You nodded again, uncertain on where this conversation was heading towards. "What if you became one of my proxies?"

"You mean like Toby?"

"Yes," he confirmed. "You will train and have missions all over." You started to feel excited.

"You mean, all over the world?" This time, it was Slender's turn to nod. You started to smile wide.

"You could keep your house, but you would also be able to live here. You would have to cook and clean from time to time, just like your were part of the family."

Family...

"Family, sir?" you inquired curiously.

"yes. That is how we think of each other here. Usually as brothers and sisters." You nodded a little, your past overwhelming you. "[Name]?" he asked, making you shake your thoughts and smile reassuringly.

"I would love to work for you, sir. Thank you."