1.38

It truly did take two and a half hours for Sophie to get ready, even with three people helping out. She had Lindsay, one of the female wolves in their pack, doing her make up while Delilah did her hair. Franny was busy prepping her dress and accessories while Sophie got all dolled up.

By the time it was all done, Sophie was stressed out of her mind but still felt beautiful. Delilah had lightly curled her short, brown locks and tied the front strands back. Franny took over from there and added fancy pins, flowers, and little gems to accentuate parts of Sophie's hairstyle. Lindsay also did a wonderful job with her make up, which was more than she's usually wear but she liked it.

Sophie played with the giant skirt of her dress. She loved the mesh material that had so many little flowers and intricate beading. The whole dress was like that. Going modestly up her chest and down her arms, the flowers and beading a little more sparse in those places than the skirt, but still gorgeous. It was just as beautiful now as it was when she bought it with Maria.

Sophie truly felt like a bride.

"Oh, wait! Who's going to.." Sophie stopped herself as her next words processed in her head. Walk me down the aisle.

"What? What is it, Luna?" Delilah asked.

Sophie's eyes suddenly began to prick with tears but she tried to hold them back. She had too much makeup on to be crying. Besides, it's not like there was any aisle in the first place. This wasn't a traditional wedding. It wasn't a wedding at all, just a formal introduction of her taking the place as the packs new Luna. So why was she getting so worked up over the fact that her grandfather didn't get to walk her down a non-existent aisle.

"What's wrong, Luna?" Lindsay pouted as she gently rubbed Sophie's arm. She could see her green eyes glistening with built up tears.

"It's nothing, it's nothing. Just give me a moment." Sophie weakly reassured.

After a quick couple minutes, Sophie managed to talk down the sadness and anxiety. Sadly, she had to do it by convincing herself that Henry wouldn't even want to attend something like this. He would want nothing to do with wolves or Sophie and Cortez's relationship. Although it was all very negative, it worked. Sophie wasn't on the verge of tears any longer.

Maria bursted into the room shortly after Sophie had gathered herself. She was wearing a glamorous dark red dress that hugged her figure but dramatically bellowed out at her knees. Her long auburn-brown hair was all pinned up and curled, even more than Sophie's. Even her make up was more dramatic but she pulled it off so well. She was a Latin beauty, a queen, a goddess.

"Oh, Sophie!" Maria gasped as she shuffled towards Sophie, her long fingers cupping her mouth. "You look absolutely gorgeous! You look like a princess!"

Sophie happily smiled. "Do I? It's not too much?"

"Too much? No! You look amazing! Cortez is so lucky to have a mate as beautiful as you, Sophie." Maria cooed as she cupped Sophie's face and squished her cheeks. Sophie couldn't help but laugh. "We do have to hurry, though. Everybody is ready and waiting downstairs. Do you have your shoes?"

"Uhm.." Sophie looked around the floor of the room until Delilah held up two pairs in her hand. "I have flats and heels but wasn't sure which one was better. I'm not very used to heels."

"But if you wear the heels, you'll look taller and more mature." Maria winked.

"Then heels it is." Sophie nervously laughed.

Sophie hurried to slip the heels on and picked and prodded at herself once more before Maria dragged her away. The nerves still muttered lowly under Sophie's skin but she tried not to get too caught up in her thoughts. Everything would go just fine. Even if Sophie did mess anything up, Cortez and Maria had reassured her a million times that everyone would be understanding since she was new to all of this.