Chapter 3

^^This is Quinn

I wake up still in blackness. I heard voices but am still unable to move, it takes me a couple minutes to realize that my eyes are closed and I'm alive. Giving in to the realization that my body is not yet fully recovered enough to open my eyes or speak, I just lay there and listen to the conversations around me.

   "What are we going to do? They can't just shove her off the Island by herself and hope that she makes it to the safe house without being caught by these guys."

I recognize the voice of my friend Kayla. Push me off the Island? Caught by who? What is she talking about?

"Of course we're not going to do that!"

Julian.

"We're going with her. Or at least I am."

"What?! Are you crazy? You want to leave the Island?"

That definitely had to be Quinn. She never was adventurous, and definitely never took such big risks as that one would be. Why would we have to leave the Island? The Island got attacked. I remember that. But then what happened? I was called into the Dean's office! That's what happened!

It was suddenly like a hundred voices were shooting out of five different mouths. They had started arguing. I lost my thought,my memory. The shouting made me stop remembering. What's going on?