Prologue

^^This is Mara, the protagonist of the story

(This part of the story is not necessarily needed in order to read it, but it will explain a lot of who/where they are)

    The world of the Island is one that is the beginning of the future. On the Island are all of the people who have accessed more of their mind than that of the Normals. The Normals can only access 10 percent of the mind at one time, whereas the people of the Island access 21 percent at a time.

They self-named themselves the Transcendents, which is surprisingly accurate. They are the future. The human breed is expanding their minds one by one. They are able to learn in seconds, and have incredible memories that are basically all photographic.

The most amazing, unforeseen part of this mind development is the Control that is gained. Each and every Transcendent has abilities that the Normals would call 'mind powers' if they ever found out about them. In reality they are additional controls of the mind that require at least 20 percent control of the mind to have. These Controls include Telekinesis, Telepathy, Empathy, Precognition, and Illusions.

The Transcendents are not yet evolved enough to control more than one at a time, but time will tell how far the human mind can really be pushed. When the Transcendents originally emerged they were few in numbers, and the Normals overpowered them in an attempt to experiment on their minds. Luckily they escaped these experiments and an Illusionist made the rest of the Normals see the scientist as insane so that nobody believed them about what they learned. In time the Transcendents were forgotten by the Normals. They escaped to a forgotten island to start a new life.

They erased the Islands from the minds of the Normals and it became a safe place for Transcendents to learn as they evolve. The children develop their Controls at age five, this is the age where the mind is developed enough to go beyond the Normals expectations. It is also the age that they are able to go to school, where they learn about their abilities along with their normal  educations.