0.10

Chapter 10: Loopholes

Jacob trudged back into the Cullen home, Leah and Seth staying outside to keep watch.

Everyone was upstairs gathered around Bella, she looked healthier now seeing as they'd found out the baby didn't want human food—it wanted blood.

The mood was lightened for a moment, the ghastly pale brunette telling them about the baby names she'd picked out, someone she found long overdo as she looked ready to pop. "Renesme?" Jacob repeated, the name unique and foreign on his tongue and while he would never name his own child that, Edward seeing nothing but pleased at the sound of his future daughters name even though Bella was hell bent on an EJ (Edward Jacob).

"Too weird?"

"I mean—"

Edward cut in immediately, shutting the wolf up before he could answer. "It's beautiful."

"See," Bella taunted Rosalie, the blonde and her becoming closer as they both shared the want for a child. "He likes it."

Changing the subject, the pregnant woman reached out for her styrofoam cup that held her blood contents that was for the baby, but before she could even get it in a solid grip between her fingers she gasped, the cup falling to the floor.

Her back cracked at an awkward angle when she tried to bend over and pick it up, fragile knees cracking as she frail body couldn't handle all of the things happening to it at once. The baby was sucking the life out of her and no matter how much blood she fed it, there wasn't enough she could do to keep it healthy and herself at the same time.

Edward used his vampire speed to make it to her in time, his hand catching her head before it slammed harshly on their carpeted floors. He lifted her easily, carrying her into the makeshift hospital room that Carlisle had made out of his office to regularly check on Bella and the fetus.

"Rosalie, pass the morphine," Edward's eyes were dark and his hands moved quickly, showing his fear of his wife dying before he could do anything to save her.

"Carlisle said the placenta must have detached," Alice informed, the small phone being held up to her ear. Edward stuck the medicine inside of her, squeezing it inside to make sure he took away as much pain as possible before they performed the surgery they needed to get the baby out. "It's going to be okay."

"We'll have to do it," Rosalie realized, her hands reaching out for the scalpel next to the hospital bed.

Edward stopped her before she could make a single incision. "Rose, let the morphine spread."