Chapter 10

*3 hours before the dance*

"Okay so- this is the top I'm gonna wear ISNT IT SO CUTEEE!"

Wednesday glared at Enid for a split second, going straight back to her novel. She was 12 pages in, her mind was blank. Except for the fact that she may actually have to go to the dance. Thing hasn't shown yet. Or perhaps, she could go to the sheriffs office alone..

"Wens GIRLL! You gotta come it's only 3 hours away. PLEASE." Enid clasped her hands together, looking at Wednesday with puppy eyes.

"Listen...I suppose I might go. I still don't know how I feel about it though."

"PERFECT! what are you going to wear"

"No more questions until 7 Sinclair. I'll figure it out on my own."

Then all of a sudden, those familiar fingertips scatter across the floorboards. "Thing." Wednesday gets up instantly walking over to the hand.

"GOTTA GO GUYS! THINK ABOUT IT WENDS!"

Enid said sprinting out of the dorm. Great. Seems like she forgot her phone.

"Where the hell were you." Wednesday said as she picked thing up 'I was at a nail salon girl..' thing wiggles his fingers in distress 'Put me down'

"At a nail salon..after leaving me with all the work. Seriously? You can't get any denser. So. I think I'll be going to...I'll-"

'Spit it out Wednesday'

"I'm going. I- im going to the dance."

'I KNEW IT' in a matter of seconds, thing flew out of Wednesdays hand. 'Wait..why so sudden' Wednesday tried to think of an excuse. "I'll be accompanying Eugene." Wednesday lied. Ever since that day in the woods. Wednesday got a vision,

In the vision.

"WEDNESDAY BE CAREFUL!" She heard a familiar voice, it was somewhat distorted. She saw people all around her. Screams, something she would've enjoyed. But right now. She needed to put the pieces together. "WEDN-" a loud roar is heard, followed with a clawing sound, then a scream. He's here. It's here. All of a sudden, Wednesday feels herself moving. Running towards the sound, it was there. But then.

"WEDNESDAY !" She was being aggressively shook by Enid.

End of vision

"That's the only reason. Something may happen tonight."

'Why would it crash the dance'

"I have no clue. I overheard galpin, talking about the school. But it's nothing new." Wednesday sat back down in her chair. Now facing thing, 'so did you find the journal..'

"Yes, took decades. But I've got it. I still don't know how it managed to end up in the weathervane. I didn't go there."

"Where are you headed off to now thing?"

'promised Enid a little help prepping!' With that, Wednesday was gone.

If her parents sent thing to spy on her. They should've told him to be useful.

__________

*1 hour before the dance*

Wednesdays pov

It is now 6pm and the dance starts at 7. Whatever it maybe. I need to be on high alert. Whatever this monster is, is kind of stupid for crashing a high school dance. Unless of course, they're targeting someone. Which is impossible. The whole school is being targeted, so for one person in particular seems very unlikely.