Chapter 2

Enids pov

"She's totally a serial killer!" My bestie yoks said with a chuckle towards the end, ever since Wednesday arrived everybody has been...rude? I mean it's not like they're lying, but I totally think she could be cool if you get on her chill side. "Enid? What about you? You coming shopping with us girly?" Divina asks nudging my arm "OMG totally I found this new crop top at the store I HAVE GOT to buy it!" I squeal in excitement. "Hey babe!" Jax walks over to our table with his food.
______________

Wednesdays pov

"So, you're the only one here correct?" the boy with dark, curly hair looks at me with a sad expression, "yep that's right, the hive life isn't for everyone I guess" he sighs looking around the place, he seems nice. I would like to be his friend.

"Okay, let's get started then."

____________

"I will not say it again Sinclair turn it off." I look at the girl dancing in front of me, as I look at her I notice something down her neck. "what is on your neck Sinclair?" She stops dancing and brushes a hand over the left side of her neck, "oh that's..it's nothing, just an accident with my friends a while ago." She clearly lied, I decided to just let it go for now.
She finally turned off the music. Now I can sleep in peace. Or so I thought. There was a knock on the door multiple times before the wolf got up to open it. "Hey babe!" That weird snake boy who appears to be Sinclair's boyfriend says in a quite giddy tone. "Hey Ajax! Ready to go?" After a moment the girl grabs her phone from her bed slips her shoes on and leaves. Finally, peace.

Next morning

"Wake up we're going to be late!" I hear from one side of my bed as I'm being gently shook. "Wens get uppp!" I sit up as I see the blonde girl smiling at me, "go get ready girl!" "Do not call me that Sinclair, I won't hesitate to rip your eyes out of your skull." I say sternly earning a shocked expression from the wolf. Something tells me today won't be as horrifying.

_________
Walking to class.

"Hey wait up!" a deeper voice behind me shouts from what seems like a few feet away, "Hey, I'm kinda late to the news but uh, you're the new girl right?" A boy with long, greasy hair and a sketchpad walks up to me. "Yes, I believe you are Xavier Thorpe correct?"
"Gee well you must be the Wednesday Addams!"
I hate him already.
"Could I get your number?" Then the bell rings, "Goodbye Xavier." I say walking away before the boy could say anything else, he's known for being what girls call a "weirdo"whatever it is I prefer to stay away from.

Enids pov

"He's totally into you girly!" The smaller goth girl doesn't move a muscle except her fingers onto the keys to that weird computer with paper thingy.. "Is there any coffee shops near here Sinclair?"

"The weathervane isn't far I could walk you if you'd like" the girl gets up slowly and grabs her bag

"as long as you don't squeal and blabber about stupid atrocities such as the color pink, I suppose it's fine."

"Okay let's go!"

__________

"My name is Tyler how can I assist you ladies?" This curly haired boy said specifically smiling directly at me, he creeps me out, and not in a good way. "A tall black."

"And a unicorn frappe please!" Enid added.

"8.46" the boy said with that horrendous smile still glued to me. Enid payed him and he made our drinks.
"So have you had your eye on anyone?" The girl asked me still squealing in my ear. "Who would I have an eye on, I just arrived Enid." The girl looks at me with a sorry look which quickly changes to a bright smile, her smile it's very.. "I got an idea! I could set you up with someone"
"You know! For the dance!"
The girl said nudging my arm with her elbow softly. "Jeez okay maybe not then.." she said as I glared at her angrily. "So, have you heard about that thing in the woods.

My stomach dropped. In a more pleasing matter of course. "It killed three people already." Me and Enid both said in unison. "The sheriff is supposedly working on it but, I don't trust him..OOH last year he said that the person who killed a normie kid was a staff member from nevermore..turns out it was one of his colleagues." Enid said without a breath in between. She's right. There's something weird going on, with the sheriff. It's my task to figure it out.

_____________

Wednesdays pov

As I am on the 20th page of my novel, I hear familiar fingertips scatter across the floorboards, and suddenly a weight on my shoulder. "What is it you need now thing."
He jumps down onto my desk snapping his fingers, trying to get my attention. He starts tapping his fingers frantically. "Why would we go to the sheriffs office tonight? What phone call? He was talking to A boy?" Thing finally slows down. "Tyler. He was speaking to Tyler?" Thing puts a thumbs up and runs away, quickly coming back with a piece of paper and a pen.

"tonight you try to find two of them. Bring them to me" "he said on the phone" is what thing wrote.

Wednesday grabbed this note, folded it up and slipped it in her pocket. "Let's go thing" she said as she slipped her shoes on, grabbed her bag and keys and walked out the dorm.

____________

949 words