Chapter 9

"I think..I've always wanted someone to love me for me. And not think of me as this annoying, colorful, too cheerful girl. I've always wanted to fit in with people. But now, I think that. As long as I have ppl who care about me. Looks and change don't matter"

"ENID YOU LITTLE DRAMA BABY WHAT IS THIS!" Yoko yells from across her dorm room to Enid, who is sitting on her bed thinking of what to wear. "What is- DONT TOUCH THAT!" Enid said jumping ten feet into the air. "I told you to keep your nasty little fingers to yourself!" Enid said slapping yokos hand away from the paper, "my bad, but what is it!?"

*sigh* "it's- it's a note I guess? I DONT KNOW OKAYYY! I was just Bored"

"Class in 20 get ready loser" Yoko said throwing the crumpled piece of paper at her bestie.

____________

"Hey wens! You won't believe what happened so-"

There she goes again, 50 years of talking. But somehow, this time Wednesday doesn't care, she'd rather admire the girls facial features while she speaks, than sit with Xavier in silence. What..?

Speaking of-

"Hey Wednesday! So I was thinking..we could go out for lunch tomorrow! You know since it's like, Friday and stuff.."

The way Xavier clenched his sketch pad, ran his fingers through his greasy hair, and rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand..it was all so, nasty. Wednesday almost physically gagged at the boy.

"Uh..yea sounds interesting Xavier, I'll have to go over my novel, though."

She watched the boy walk away.

"Isn't he like SUPER weird..around you..? HE TOTES likes you girly!"

"If he does, for some magical reason. Feel romantic infatuation for me. He should try masking it better."

"Look at that, bee keeping time.. goodbye Enid."

Now this wasn't really bee covering for Eugene.
Wednesday and her right hand man, we're going to be arguing like children by the time Thing came back. He's still gone.
_________

"Eugene?" Wednesday carefully stepped through the dirt, and into the little hut. "I'm here! Sorry, I was hunting grasshoppers!" Eugene said dusting his hands off

Wednesday looked around the hut for a second...
"What do you ever do with this much honey..Eugene?"

"Do you want some?"

"No, thank you, it seems like a life's supply though.."

"Yup! Well I was running out.."
"So..how was class" the boy raises his eyebrow at Wednesday, knowing exactly what he's asking about.

"Um, I don't know what you're talking about Eugene."

"Really? So, you didn't run out on Enid, because Xavier asked you out!"

"I already stated Eugene, I have no romantic interest whatsoever for Xavier. More so, the other way around."

"Yea alrighttt! Anyway so, there's a new species...."

*40 minutes later*

"Bye-bye wens! See ya tomorrow!"

"Goodbye Eugene."

__________

"Dude tell meeeee, seriously..what are nightshades?! And why are you being so secretive!"
I yelled at Yoko desperate for answers. A few days ago, Wednesday was asking about the nightshades and now Yoko has been secretive AF. Like I don't get it! Ughh..wait.
"DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH THE HIDDEN LIBRARY?! Oh Yoko Tanaka I WILL KILL YOU."

"NO! I swear I- fine...yes. It does. It's a secret society. THATS ALL I CAN TELL YOU THOUGH! Please don't tell divina. She'll kill me..."

"Hm. I knew IT!"

"Okay well...THE DANCE IS TOMORROW NIGHT! So be ready, you HAVE to look as charming for divina as you CAANNN EEEEEHK!" I squealed probably puncturing my besties eardrums in the process! I'm so excited lowkey...I wonder who I could take? Maybe Wednesday? Nah she's too 'I'm writing my novel..' UGHH ILL BE SO LONELY.

_____________

*8 hours before the dance*

"I told you Enid, I have no interest in going to this dance, not with Xavier, not with anyone."

I batted my eyes at the girl grabbing my bag and walking out of the classroom, first class of the day. And not one person shuts their mouth about this pathetic dance. Why did I have to arrive in the middle of the school year? Festivities are the only thing in plain sight.