Chapter 4

In the sheriffs office.

"Quickly thing, get up there."

The hand swiftly makes a jump from the door handle to the shelf. Bringing down some paperwork and documents. Bingo. "What could it be." The severed hand taps away. "Files, specifically on missing people." She opens a file up to see names, she spots a wrinkly old man, with white, long hair.

Gary Williams the photo is labeled on the very bottom. She flips through other paperwork's to find an autopsy. Probable cause of death: blunt force trauma. Then, photos of..a body? Claw marks in his chest, missing eyes, and a missing hand. Wednesdays stomach turned.

Then the bell jingled, her and thing ran to the nearest door. And hid.

"No goddamnit Tyler! You weren't supposed to- *sigh* you know what. I have things to look at son. I'll call you later." 

Son.? Wednesday and thing snuck past the door to his office, what the hell was he talking about? After finally making it out, Wednesday and thing take the nearest path back to nevermore.

__________

"OH EM GEE and then she WHAT?!" Enid squeals from inside the dorm. Jesus, Wednesday hasn't even opened the door and she's already stressed.

In an attempt to unlock the door she realizes the door had been unlocked already. "Hello Enid."

"Hey roomie! Where's thing?"

Thing crawls out of Wednesdays bag and immediately taps his way to Enid. "We were just going over to yoks for a sleepover! Wanna come?!" She asked thing Happily. Finally. She'll be gone.

When all of a sudden, "What about you Wednesday? Ya coming?"

"I'm fine here, Sinclair. I've missed 23 minutes of my writing time."

"Okey doke let's gooo!" Her vampire friend said dragging out the word at the end.

"Bye Wednesday!"  Enid yells out as she gets dragged out the room by her best friend. "Goodbye Enid." Wednesday mutters to herself long after the door closes. Finally, alone.

_________

The next morning

"Enid. You must wake up, we are a minute late to class."

"Mmmh GO AWAY!" Enid screams from under her blankets. The girl has been having trouble waking up lately. She's been snapping more. Nobody except maybe...Yoko knows what's wrong.
Enid arrived at the dorm, at 2:34 in the morning. She must be hungover. Whatever it is, she must hurry. Or we'll be late.
"Sorry Wednesday, I don't feel so good. I'll be ready in 20!" She said making her voice a fake cheerful, getting up off her bed.

"We don't have 20 minutes Sinclair."

What is wrong with this girl?

________

"Enid please! Let me talk to you." The girls gorgon boyfriend says grabbing her wrist. Wednesday is just watching from afar. The first time she decides to eat lunch in the quad. "Just get off of me Ajax! I'm done." She raised her voice walking right out of the quad.

___________

"He fucking cheated on me Wednesday! That's it. Like he sucks! One day, he's all: "oh please I'm sorry." And the next, it's like he's a totally different person! I'm so done with that boy. Next time he tries something..I'm gonna claw his heart out!" Enid squeals, her nails increasing in length by the second..

"I'd pay money to see that, I'm off to the weathervane. Tell thing to inform me if he finds any leads."

__________

"Hey! What can I get you today." The curly haired boy said giving Wednesday a terrifying smile. "A tall black.
"That'll be 3.50!" Wednesday paid and got the drink, walking to the back of the restaurant, sitting in a booth.

"What the hell is this thing.." she tells herself looking over the books she found in the library. She's going to get to the bottom of this. This is no 'bear' in fact. Something much fiercer.

After 20 minutes, Wednesday finished up her drink, still in absolute confusion with all the books she read. It doesn't help that she hasn't found the 'secret'
Library yet. Although..she heard Enid's friends, muttering about as always. "Nightshades" she said to herself, As she was walking back to nevermore

"Hello Enid." She said as she walked over to her desk, putting her bag next to her chair. "And Yoko."

"This uni frappe is TO DIE FOR! Thank you so much girly!" She heard Enid say to her "bestie" yoko was always in the way of making Enid happier. Which the rainbow girl clearly did not need.
Wednesday sometimes fantasized about putting garlic in her school lunch.

"Wednesday girly? You good?" Enid asked tapping the girls shoulder gently. "I'm fine." Wednesday said sternly, eyes darting between Enid, and yoko.

"You sure? You seem-"

"I'm fine Yoko. I've been..busy with a case is all."
"What do you know of the nightshades Yoko?"
"What's the nightshades!?" Enid asked innocently taking a sip of her colorful drink. That girl is going to get diabetes..seriously.
"It's uh- nothing! Why?"
"Just research.."
Only half of this was true. Wednesday was so..shocked by what she found in the sheriffs office. Who the hell is Gary Williams.
Why the hell was this Tyler boy, being so..weird?
he was acting too kind...
_____________