Chapter 3

Wednesday's pov

"So, you don't have a date either?"
Eugene asked,
"no. Why would I humiliate myself in such way? What's there to it anyway, stupid teenagers, spiked drinks, and ear bleeding music. I'd rather be in a coffin than go to that "dance."

I was dreading everything about it. Me and Eugene were going to find out what is happening with the sheriff. Not a dance.

"Howdy roomie!" Enid said sitting near me and Eugene, "what are you doing here Enid? Weren't you with your friends?" Eugene asked tilting his head slightly  "Well they're getting lunch right now so..I'm waiting!" She said squealing at the end of her sentence. Here goes the two hours of Enid and her so-called gossip.

Few mins later

"And nobody even KNOWS why they broke up! Isn't it crazy?" "Enid girl come onnn" her friend Yoko groaned waving her over, finally. She can go away, "I think your friends are calling you Enid" Eugene pointed over the girls right shoulder. "OMG I totally forgot! See you later roomie, And bye Eugene!" Wednesday on the other hand snapped out of her trance, sighing in relief that the girl went away.

____________

Wednesdays pov

A few minutes later after talking with Eugene and visiting the bee hut, I've finally arrived at my dorm. I grab the keys, put them in and twist the doorknob, only to see Enid on her bed having some sort of breakdown. What will it be now. "I forgot to give Ajax a kiss" or "I don't know what to wear to such and such place" this girl has me on the verge of absolute death, and not the pleasing kind.

"WHERE WERE YOU!" She screams at me so loudly that I almost fall back. "I was with Eugene Enid."
"I seriously have nothing to wear to the dance and I'm losing my SHIT." I think I know where this is is goi-

"can you please for the love of god go shopping with me because EVERYBODY is either busy or with someone else please wens I'll do anything!"

"The dance is in 2 weeks Sinclair. You'll have plenty of time for 'preparation'"

She screamed at me again clasping her hands together. "PLEASE!" I had work to get done, writing, and me and things plan was supposed to be set for tonight.

I really don't have the time nor the patience for this.

"I suppose it's fine that I go with you then, Sinclair." Enid looked at me with a shocked expression. "You're really coming with me?" I give her 'the look' and she gets up quickly rustling through her closet to find her shoes. "Hurry it up Sinclair, or I may change my mind."

________

"ISNT THIS SO CUTEEE" the blonde girl squealed at me once again, it's been the 550th time she has done this. Picking out the most hideous tops, pants, and accessories to go to that hideous dance. I seriously need to get back to Thing, in the meanwhile, he is investigating the sheriffs office.

"Squeal at me once more and I wont guarantee you waking up tomorrow Sinclair." She finally went to the register to pay, and we left. As we walked through the small town, her eyes landed on something and she immediately started tapping my arm furiously. "I told you Sinclair I am not stopping any-" in front of me was a beautiful black dress,

It was indeed tempting. When all of a sudden, "Ah Enid Wednesday!" I focus my glare back on the boy In front of me, great. Xavier. It's 6:30 I have no time to waste.

_______

590 words