Chapter 8

Wednesdays pov:

*BEEP BEEP*

As I get up groggily, looking over to the walking rainbow's side of the room, I see her get up and turn off her alarm rather quickly.

"What's with the new alarm, Sinclair?"

She looks at Wednesday with her eyes only half open, then plopping back down on her bed with her legs dangling off slightly.

"Thought you hated the old ones." She said softly, but sternly. She rubbed her face with both of her hands and got up to get ready for classes.

"Oh. Very well then.." thing then came from underneath the raven's bed, tapping on the cold planks below her feet, "good morning to you too, Thing."

"How peculiar of you to greet me this morning? What's wrong?"
The hand scatters around Wednesdays desk for a second, grabbing random papers. Wednesday takes a look and immediately realizes. "Thing, I am not allowed out of school gates without permission, not after that interaction in the woods. I still believe it was strange of the sheriff to appear mere seconds after I found that man."

"What man?" Enid startles Wednesday from her conversation with the severed hand. "Nothing you may worry about Sinclair."

"Okay well. See you in class, later roomie!" The girl was happier than she was yesterday night, and when she woke up. Her 'best friend' must have compromised a shopping date again. Wait...why do I care again? I need to talk to Eugene before and after lunch. He must have the answers I need to this, case

__________________

"So, there's been a new hybrid species of bees discovered! Apparently, scientists haven't figured the name yet. It's 2 times the size of a bee-

"Wouldn't that make it a hornet?" The raven haired girl glares confusedly at Eugene. "Well, I don't know. Honestly I haven't looked into it completely."
"So how's your case, with the sheriff." The boy said, bringing the last words to a whisper.
"I've stopped working on it, after that quite strange interaction in the woods. Surprisingly I haven't gotten a vision..about anything yet."

"Well, keep me posted! I have to go, harvesting early today. I've run out of honey..which seems impossible seeing as I am king of bees!" He said putting two hands on his hips standing up, "I'll see you after lunch Eugene, if I can stop by."

"Great! Bye-bye" he waved as I walked out of the room. Then the bell rings, finally. Lunch break. Alone time, or so I think. I may speak to Enid today.

_____________

"Wait! Cus what if you are OH EM GEE ENID!"
With Yoko squealing in my ear and me squealing back, I look around to see the small, dark haired girl, walking over to our table,

"Well if it isn't Wednesday Addams!"
"Hey girlie!" Divina and Yoko both say right after each other
"You are only to address me as my full name, anything else will not be tolerated."

"Hey wens..." I said nervously looking at the shorter girl before us, wait...why the FUCK am I nervous..?!?!

"We'll look at that, thing found a lead...I must go."
She said sounding almost disappointed,

"Bye wens!"

"Yea bye homicidal emo"

"Yoko I've warned you."

"Sorry sorry, bye"

_______________

"Thing! where is that stupid.." Wednesday muttered to herself, one minute. Thing is jumping around in her bag..the next, he's gone. Completely.

*Knock knock*

Must be Enid, she thinks as she makes her way to the door.

"Enid- thing he-".

"Wednesday right? I'm sheriff galpin, we've met, in the woods." The man, who is standing right in front of principal weems, barges into Wednesdays dorm.

"You may not enter, sheriff. What is it you need."
Wednesday said stepping in front of the sheriff prohibiting him from taking another step. "I'd like to take you in, for further questioning on Gary Williams."

"I've said it once sheriff, I've got nothing to do with-"

"Really? cause you being even near the woods when there's been wild bear attacks already-"

"You tell me. Sheriff, his autopsy files were in your office." Wednesday said with a smirk. "Okay, that's enough!" Weems raised her voice just a tad, "if she claims she's innocent, and you've already talked to her. No reason to barge all of the sudden."

"Good day, sheriff galpin." Wednesday said closing her dorm door In the sheriffs face.

___________
724 words