Chapter 30

Epilogue
25th October
Minho's birthday

Felix placed a bouquet of flowers on Jisung's grave and Bangchan placed one on Minho's.

The two boys had been given headstones next to each other, all the boys knew it's what they would've wanted, to rest together.

There was a large number 19 balloon next to Minho's grave, a balloon weight was used to hold it down.

All the boys sat around the two graves, cake in the middle of them as they used a match to light the candles. All singing happy birthday with cracked voices.

It had been about a month since Minho's death, and ever since then, everyone felt a weight on their shoulders, like all the happiness had gone from their lives. Minho's closest friends had taken it the worst. They had cried almost every night, and their boyfriends had to stay strong, even though they'd lost two friends within 5 years.

As soon as they'd finished the song, a gust of wind brushed over the grass, laced through their hair and blew out the candles.

It was as though Minho was there to blow out the candles, like he was with them.

Chan let silent tears fall from his eyes and Jeongin slowly wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closer and laying his head on his shoulder. Bangchan wrapped his arms around the younger and buried his head into the crook of his neck, letting the tears drip onto the maknae's honey skin.

Changbin tightly held Felix's hand as the other gently caressed it, providing a small comfort that went a long way. Every now and then he dabbed Changbin's eyes and whispered sweet nothings to him, holding back his own tears.

The older listened to the song he wrote for Minho over and over. He prayed that every time he played it, Minho would be there to listen to it. He really hoped that Minho liked it.

Hyunjin just sat there, spacing out. He wasn't crying, although he'd cried a lot, he was just sitting there playing with Seungmin's fingers, but only looking straight ahead. Seungmin cuddled into Hyunjin's side, knowing his boyfriend needed a lot of physical contact.

Hyunjin had been painting a lot more, and most of them were portraits of Minho, and sometimes, Minho and Jisung. Painting was his way of letting his emotions out, it calmed him. He'd been using it to cope a lot more, as well as using Seungmin as a safe space.

Jisung wrapped his arms tightly around Minho as the boy leaned into his side, nestling his head into the crook of the younger's neck.

He blinked away tears and Jisung wiped away the stray ones as they overlooked the boys celebrating Minho's birthday.

The boys below cut the cake and placed one piece on each plate, placing one cake on each grave.

Before they ate, they decided to hand over gifts.

Maybe it was weird because it couldn't be received by Minho, but they would all place them into a large box with a ribbon tied and the box would reside in Chan's house. At anytime, the boys could ask Chan to come over and look through it if they wanted to.

Bangchan went first.

He showed Minho a jewelry set. It was a pair of earrings with a matching necklace and bracelet. It was one that Minho had always wanted.

Jeongin gently rubbed his back and kissed his shoulder.

Chan explained the gift he bought, hoping that Minho would like it and imagining his reaction.

He placed it in the box.

Changbin pulled out the song he made for Minho on a tape. It was a mixtape of his favourite songs, featuring the one Changbin wrote.

He placed it next to Chan's gift.

Hyunjin had brought one of his paintings. He knew that Minho always liked his paintings. It was a painting of him and Jisung sitting in a flower field. A cat resided in Jisung's lap as he pet it carefully, Minho's hand rested on Jisung's thigh as he looked at him with a love struck expression.

The painting was beautiful and it sat right next to Changbin's gift.

The other boys weren't that close with Minho, so their gifts weren't as personal, but still sentimental.

Minho buried his face into the crook of Jisung's neck and the younger ran his hands through the boys soft locks.

"The gifts are so beautiful Min." Jisung whispered. He knew the boy felt guilty for leaving his friends, but it wasn't his fault and Jisung tried to remind him whenever he could.

"I feel so guilty. They have to suffer because of me." Minho sobbed.

"It's not your fault baby, not at all. It's okay to feel this way, I did too, but just know, they will never blame you." Jisung kissed his head gently, comforting him.

Minho melted into his touch and sighed, letting his cries calm down.

As he looked down, he saw all six boys engaging in conversation as they ate their cake. They looked happy. Of course they were all feeling heavy, but as a group they could easily cheers each other up and feel safe and comfortable.

They knew Minho and Jisung would want them to be smiling and it was true.

Minho smiled softly as he saw the beautiful grins and endearing laughs from his friends.

Jisung let his own tears fall, completely understanding what Minho felt, and in a way, the feeling came back to him, as though he could feel everything Minho was feeling to the same degree.

"I'm so proud of you, my love." Jisung whispered, his voice broke slightly as he tired not to cry.

Minho wiped his eyes after kissing Jisung as an acknowledgment for his sincerity.

Minho leant against the wall and sighed, smiling slightly as he felt Jisung crawl onto his lap. The older wrapped his arms securely around his waist and let Jisung bury his head into Minho's neck.

Minho kissed over Jisung's head before nuzzling his nose into Jisung's hair and watching his friends joyful, but yet sorrowful smiles.

He brushed a hand through Jisung's hair.

"I love you my sweets." Minho mumbled into a kiss to Jisung's temple.

"I love you too Minnie." Jisung kissed his collarbone lightly and snuggled his head back into the crook of Minho's neck.

It would take some time to recover from the loss and all the friends would probably never recover, however, they knew that Minho and Jisung were there with them, maybe not physically, but spiritually and always in their hearts.

Forever.

The end

A//N: this is the end fr :(

I'm so thankful to everyone who's read this book, I seriously love you all for enjoying it.

Personally I think there is so much room for improvement in this story, but all that truly matters is that you enjoyed it.

So thank you again!

I love you 🩷