Chapter 23

Minho awoke in a dim room on a bed. This wasn't his room, nor was it the ice rink.

He sat up, maybe a little too quickly as he groaned and clutched his head, and looked about him.

He was in Chan's guest room again.

There was a glass of water on the bedside table, he grabbed it and chugged its contents.

The door opened slowly making Minho flinch and Changbin poked his head in.

"Hey..." he had so many questions, but decided to save them for later, "how are you feeling?"

"Where's Jisung?" Minho had a serious look on his face, completely ignoring Changbin's question.

"Pardon?"

"Jisung. Where's Jisung?" Minho's serious experession shifted to a desperate one.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who that is." Changbin was even more worried for Minho now.

He was pale, sweating, skinnier, weaker and had a bowl full of blood next to him when he was lying alone in an ice rink.

"Jisung. As in...Jisung!" He felt tears prick his eyes, he frantically felt around in his pockets for the picture. He pulled it out to show Changbin.

The picture of Minho and Jisung as children. They were smiling together.

Changbin gave a sympathetic look which told Minho he had no idea who he was talking about.

"No one else was there, Min." Changbin spoke softly so as not to scare the older.

"No, no, no, no, he was there. I'm sure. I remember. He wouldn't have left." He sobbed into his own arms. Covering his face.

"I'm sorry, maybe he did." Changbin went over to embrace Minho, but it wasn't the same. Minho wanted Jisung.

"Ch-Chan would know!" He cried into Changbin.

Changbin called for Chan who came in immediately, rushing to Minho's side.

Changbin explained the situation and Chan understood. He still thought that Minho had maybe gone crazy from subconsciously missing him, and maybe he had, but Minho felt happy, and now he had been taken away from his happiness.

Minho mumbled "Jisungie" over and over again, his sobs calming down, but his emotion wasn't. He was almost grieving. He was grieving someone who wasn't there. Or that's what everyone else thought.

"He-he gets p-pain, you know. In his heart. What if-what if he's in p-pain right now. He doesn't know h-how to deal with i-it. I do. He needs me!" Minho was almost shouting at this point in his stress.

What if Jisung was in pain?

He needed to get back to him.

"Minho, you need rest. Go to sleep. You threw up blood, for gods sake, you're lucky we aren't taking you to the doctor because we know how scared you are of that place. Plus, we all have so many questions, so please, maybe sleep it off." Minho knew they were just trying to help but he didn't want it. He just wanted Jisung.

However, he couldn't win, so he just lay down and closed his eyes. Trying to imagine Jisung's smile so he could have a dream about it.

~+*+~

Minho was still asleep upstairs and all the boys were gathered in the living room of Bangchan's house.

"I'm worried about him." Felix spoke. His eyes were red and puffy from crying and Changbin's arms were around him, caressing and comforting him.

"He's always been a bit off since his dad left, maybe him coming back and then finding that photo of him and that boy was just his breaking point." Hyunjin spoke softly, stroking the hair off a sleeping Seungmin who was curled up in his arms.

"Hello? Are we just going to ignore the fact he threw up blood and there were petals in it?" Jeongin threw his hands around a little for exaggeration.

"I think I know what it is, but I'm afraid to be correct." Chan said quietly after calming Jeongin down.

All the boys got curious and waited for Chan to explain.

He told them what happened the night Minho first threw up blood and everything Minho told him. The boys all said they thought he was crazy but Chan didn't think so. He believes Minho somehow.

He then goes on to explain how he thinks Minho has hanahakai disease.

"But I think it's too late to treat." He concludes, after explaining everything he knew about the disease, including the surgery options and side effects.

The others were shocked. Minho was dying.

Their best friend...was dying.

Minho was dying.

A//N: sorry for short chapters 😖