Part 82 What is the difference between a nanny and a nanny?

Zhou Yueshen handed her the helmet again. Normally, she might let it slide, but now there were people waiting to laugh at her misfortune. How could she wear this green helmet out? She'd surely be laughed at.

She cast a pleading look at him, but Zhou Yueshen's tone brooked no argument. "It's for safety, you have to wear it."

Sinian knew very well that if caught without a helmet in the future, she'd face a fine. But why did it feel like she was back in an era where men's words were law?

Zhou Yueshen reached over to fasten the helmet for her. While the helmet wasn't flattering, her beauty made it work. The green hue accentuated her fair and delicate skin, her small face peeking out from it was less flashy but more endearing.

He gently patted her head through the helmet and comforted her, "When we get to the city, I'll get you a new one. Promise me you won't wear this one again?"

The gentleness of an older man had a deadly charm. Sinian nodded absentmindedly in agreement. Then she heard his deep voice, "Hold on tight."

Instinctively, she reached out. The motorcycle started, slowly approaching the car in front, which was moving slowly due to the rough mountain road. Even if Fu Yang was skilled, he had to reduce speed to avoid any troubles from damaging his car.

However, motorcycles didn't have to worry about such issues, especially for Zhou Yueshen, who was used to this kind of road. The speed was definitely faster than the small car's.

At that moment, a breeze swept past the small car, leaving behind the close figures of the two on the motorcycle - one tall and one short, pressed together.

Before Fu Yang and Lin Sisi could react, they witnessed this scene unfold.

Both of them turned pale with anger!

Lin Sisi was puzzled. How could Zhou Yueshen afford a car so quickly in this life? She knew he was wealthy, but the specifics were a mystery. He hid it well, unlike other men who would casually reveal their financial status. She had always assumed that Zhou Yueshen, running such a large farming operation, had substantial daily expenses.

He had owned a motorcycle just like this in their previous life. However, he rarely used it! Their relationship was strained, let alone riding together. But now, here he was, driving a motorcycle with Sinian so joyfully...

Lin Sisi knew she didn't like Zhou Yueshen. Yet, seeing him so intimate with another woman, especially with Sinian, who had once stolen her happiness, made her heart ache as if pricked by needles!

She had always believed that, no matter how capable Zhou Yueshen was, he was still just a countryside guy. No matter how hard he worked, he couldn't surpass Fu Yang, from a military and political family.

Yet, at this moment, she felt a sense of inferiority!

It's just a motorcycle, nothing impressive. Fu Yang was driving a car!

Motorcycles might be rare in the village, but there were plenty in the city. Nothing special about it! He might have money, but Fu Yang had power and influence. In this era, having power and influence was what mattered.

Moreover, Zhou Yueshen didn't even want children. What's the point of having money if Sinian would end up raising someone else's child, essentially being a nanny?

But Lin Sisi was different from Fu Yang. She would have her own child in this lifetime!

Her child would be born a city dweller, with a father in the military and a grandfather as a high-ranking official. They would enjoy the highest level of privileges. That was something Sinian could never achieve in her lifetime.

Thinking of her glorious future, Lin Sisi's mood improved significantly. When they reached the city, she would make Zhou Yueshen see the difference between them and Fu Yang. She would also put Sinian, the spoiled princess, in her place!

At this moment, Lin Sisi's urgent desire to surpass the two blinded her, causing her to forget the reason she had come back to the Lin family.

She had intended to visit the Lin family first and find out the truth about the police report. Unexpectedly, or perhaps predictably, she ran into Sinian and Zhou Yueshen. Her attention was completely diverted.

Why did she keep running into them every time she came? Had Sinian become so familiar with her family that she was now a frequent visitor?

She used to avoid the Lin family, keeping her distance. Lin Sisi found it strange. Ever since Sinian had agreed to marry on her behalf, she seemed like a different person.

She lowered her gaze, lost in thought.

Fu Yang's attention wasn't on her either. His car trailed closely behind the motorcycle. The rider ahead seemed to deliberately maintain a speed that was just enough for his car on this road.

The bumpy ride made Lin Sisi feel dizzy. She was not used to traveling by car, and the discomfort almost made her nauseous. She cast a helpless glance at Fu Yang, hoping he would notice her discomfort.

The four of them walked towards a nearby old-fashioned photo studio. The studio was quite spacious, with many photos hanging on its walls. Most of them were in the black and white style typical of past generations, with some colored photos from the Republican era that added a touch of vintage charm.

Many people were also taking photos around them—couples, families, and individuals alike.

Lin Sisi had dressed up for the occasion. She wore a new stylish dress she had recently bought, even her shoes were carefully chosen.

Look at her and Fu Yang; anyone could tell they were well-off just by looking at them. In contrast, Sinian seemed so casual. Any discerning eye could easily tell who the real lady was.

Lin Sisi stood tall and proud, with a smug look on her face.

"Master Li, we had an appointment to take photos today," she said to the man wearing a hat inside the studio.