Part 38 Reverse pua

Before, Sinnie was clinging to Fu Yao closely.

At that time, she was happy, but now she's afraid this will happen again.

After all, Sinnie is beautiful, and she and Fu Yao have grown up together since childhood.

Their relationship, no matter how complicated, is still closer than mine with Fu Yao.

I'm afraid my "golden son-in-law" will be snatched away.

"Aren't you here to discuss the wedding with my biological parents? You can't just skip everything and go straight to getting the certificate, can you? A woman only gets married once in her life..."

Faced with the attitude of my adoptive mother, Sinnie didn't get angry. Instead, she lowered her long eyelashes and spoke softly with a melancholic tone.

In this way, it seemed that Zhang Cuimei was being overly aggressive.

Although she had raised me for eighteen years after mistakenly taking me in, she should have developed some affection. But now, she won't even give me time to discuss the wedding, insisting on rushing me to get the marriage certificate. It's too harsh!

The Lin family thought that their daughter was marrying into a wealthy family and that life would be good. But they didn't expect this person to treat their child so poorly.

When it comes to my adoptive parents, although life may not be as materially luxurious, they've never been harsh on their daughter. Even though she's getting married, they're planning to have a grand celebration!

Looking at the treatment my biological daughter had suffered, her distressed tone made Lin's parents feel heartbroken.

They quickly stepped forward to protect their daughter, saying, "Mr. and Mrs. Si, my daughter didn't lie. She and Mr. Zhou did come to discuss the wedding. Although we are very grateful for your care for her, marriage is a major event. How can we mistreat our child? The mistakes of the past were made by us adults, and the child is innocent."

"It's okay, Mom. Stepmother is just concerned about me, I don't blame her."

Zhang Cuimei also didn't expect it to be like this, and was momentarily stunned. She had wrongly accused her daughter, and now her daughter was speaking up for her.

This child used to be very stubborn and wouldn't speak so kindly. Was it because she had experienced such a big setback that she had grown up?

Thinking about her daughter, who had been raised for eighteen years, now calling someone else "mom" and calling herself "stepmother," Zhang Cuimei felt stifled in her heart.

Recently, she had been focused on her biological daughter, neglecting her stepdaughter. Now, with her stepdaughter's mother saying, "The child is innocent," she suddenly felt ashamed.

It was clearly their fault, but now it was all being borne by Sinnie alone.

Mr. Lin also felt uncomfortable seeing his once proud daughter in this situation.

Although Sinnie had been spoiled, she was intelligent from a young age, with a sharp memory and skill in anything she learned. She was also beautiful, and every time she was taken out, her parents felt proud and everyone praised their beautiful daughter. It was because of this face that she was valued by the Fu family.

But now, she had fallen to marrying a divorced older man, all because of their parents' pressure. Instead of blaming them, she silently endured it all. Yet, they still wondered if she had other intentions. It was truly outrageous!

Both parents felt ashamed. Seeing everyone showing guilt towards Sinnie, Lin Sisi's heart felt uneasy. She couldn't help but feel that Sinnie had changed somehow.

Before, she was so stubborn, a spoiled young lady who couldn't bear any grievances. Just a little provocation would send her into an uncontrollable fit of rage. But now, she allowed her parents to lecture her and even pretended to be so aggrieved.

Sisi couldn't stand seeing them like this. Even her biological parents, let alone her foster parents who had raised her for eighteen years, looked at her with concern. And here she was, having been here for so long, not even speaking a word to her.

Lin Sisi felt a sudden surge of unease in her heart. "Sister Sinnie, why did you sell your job to Fu Gege's sister? Everyone is saying that you did it to have a chance to get close to Gege, so you sold your job to please Fu Qianqian and let her help you make a connection..."

"Of course, I believe that you are innocent, Sister. It's just that everyone is saying this, so Mom and Dad are worried."

Lin Sisi lowered her head, feigning innocence.

Sinnie sneered inwardly, raising an eyebrow with a dismissive glance. The original host had a proud demeanor and never bothered to explain such matters. Furthermore, it was unexpected for Lin Sisi to bring this up now. If it were the original host, she would have probably exploded with anger long ago.

This was also why, despite the initial intention of the Si family to keep Sinnie, they changed their minds after a month. They not only wanted her to leave but also cold-heartedly made her marry Zhou Yuanshen instead of Lin Sisi.

It was because Lin Sisi was too adept at stirring up conflicts behind people's backs, and the original host disdained explaining herself. With an attitude of "think whatever you want," she would even blame Lin Sisi for it. Then, Lin Sisi would put on an innocent face, and naturally, the Si family would feel that she was being too much.

"I raised you for eighteen years, and if you're not grateful, fine. But to turn around and bully my biological daughter, the Si family couldn't tolerate that!"

However, Sinnie wasn't foolish enough to confront her directly, as that would only make her appear guilty and reinforce the idea that they were bullying her. It was just an act of playing the victim, and who wouldn't resort to such tactics? Sinnie, a seasoned viewer of "Empresses in the Palace," had seen all sorts of tricks.

"It doesn't matter what outsiders say. I believe that Mom and Dad, who are sincere and transparent, wouldn't believe those filthy words. They're just concerned about me. But since you brought up this question, I think I should explain it clearly. I can't let everyone misunderstand me."

"Mom, Dad, do you remember when I had to drop out of school because of the pressure from the Fu family's marriage proposal?"

It was the ultimate reverse psychology move, where she manipulated herself to make them think it was their fault, leaving them both touched and feeling like she was mature.

Sure enough, when she said this, the already guilty Si parents immediately showed ashamed expressions. In the eyes of their adopted daughter, they appeared so noble.

However, they disappointed her. Both of them looked apologetic, "Of course, we remember." Her daughter had good grades, but because the Fu family's son was older and wanted to marry quickly, they reluctantly made their daughter drop out of school. They didn't even consider whether she could continue her education in the future. At that time, they only thought about marrying her off to the Fu family to secure their status. Who would have thought that such a thing would happen?

Now, not only had they failed to marry her into the Fu family, but they had also caused her to lose her studies.

If Sinnie hadn't brought up this matter, they might have forgotten about it. Now, their expressions became even more ashamed.

"I sold my job for this reason. I thought I was still young and shouldn't give up my education, especially now that I no longer have to deal with the Fu family. I planned to use this money to go to university. I hope you don't mind?"

"Of course not." Which parents wouldn't want their child to go to university and have a better future?