Part 77 Lin Sisi showed her weakness

The two children seemed unfazed, quietly eating their noodles. Such scenes were common in the old Lin household. Before, Lin Sisi would also have an extra egg in her bowl.

Mom used to say, "Girls are weaker and need more nourishment. Boys are different; they're stronger. It's okay if they eat a little less. The main thing is to treat your sister well and let her have more."

Because she was the only girl in the family, they always pampered her. Although different from other families, the boys never blamed their mother. They were always good to their sister, giving her the best of everything.

But when they heard that she wasn't their biological sister, she immediately left them. The two children cried in their beds for days. Even with a new sister, they couldn't find happiness. Although this new sister cooked delicious meals...

Perhaps feeling the silence was too much, the talkative Lin Yu finally spoke up.

"Mom, you know what? There are two students at our school who are so lucky. Their dad has a really cool motorcycle and he drives them to school every day."

As he said this, his face was full of envy.

"Before, they seemed really poor. They couldn't eat enough every day. I even saw his little brother picking up someone else's leftover cookies from the ground!" His face was filled with a look of pity.

Sinian paused and looked up at him, "Are you talking about Zhou Yuehan?"

Lin's mother had always felt sorry for the child and was taken aback by the question. She quickly realized what he meant and her expression changed.

She had visited the Zhou family a few times before and had seen those two kids. They seemed reserved and would turn and leave as soon as they saw her. Could they be the ones her son was talking about?

"I... I'm not sure," Lin Yu stuttered. Being a bit slower in school, both Lin Yu and Lin Yu were only in the second grade at ten years old. In contrast, Zhou Yuedong, at the same age, was already in the third grade. So they had only seen these two from a distance and didn't know which class they were in.

Lin Yu was caught off guard by the sudden conversation with Sini. He became nervous, his tongue tied.

"Is their motorcycle black?" Sini asked.

Lin Yu nodded, a bit dazed.

"Is their dad tall and muscular?"

Again, Lin Yu nodded.

After a moment of silence, Sini sighed.

It was indeed Zhou Yuedong and Zhou Yuehan.

Hearing about the younger one picking up leftover cookies from the ground, Sini felt a pang of bitterness.

Suddenly, she felt a strong urge to go back.

After sending off her two sons, Lin's mother could tell from her daughter's gloomy expression that something was bothering her, likely because of what her son had said. Thinking about it was heartbreaking; if the kids in question were her own, she would be devastated.

Her daughter was always kind to that little girl, so she probably treated the other two children well too. With the Zhou family seemingly well-off, she had assumed everyone was doing fine. Who would have thought the reality was like this?

For a moment, Lin's mother's emotions became quite complex.

That day, Sini was busy with family plans and errands Lin's mother had for her. She even took her measurements, saying she would make her a wedding dress from the best fabric.