seventeen ⋆ ★

❝ cause you lured me, and you hurt me, and you taught me ❞

•┈┈┈┈⊹˚୨♡୧˚⊹┈┈┈┈•

Alana's pov:

I was 7, dragged along to a family gathering with the foster dad I had currently. I was sat at a large table, on the opposite end to the man I had come with, surrounded by the kids of the event rather than the adults. As much as I wanted it to be a breath of fresh air without the pressure of the abusive man who had forced me here, it wasn't. To the kids I was around, I was the fostered one, the unwanted one, the one they could use as their target.

"God do you even stop eating? Look at that full plate of food, slow down fat ass." A teenage boy laughed from across the table. 

In truth, this was the first meal I was eating in three days, I was starving and on the verge of passing out, but I wasn't going to tell him that so I just ignored him. I was using my time out of the watch of my foster dad to try and eat enough to get me through the next few days without passing out. 

"You're right bro, do you even need that food? Look at you," Another one laughed before shoving a forkful of food into his big mouth. 

I once again didn't reply but did slow down on my eating. But honestly, none of the three cackling boys had anything to laugh at, at least I was eating a salad. The three of them were gobbling down chicken tenders and grease filled fries.

"Oh alright then little miss adopted, ignore us then. That's how you want to play? Don't be such a bitch, we are just trying to look out for you." The first one laughed again.

"Yeah, just looking out for you fat ass, loose a few pounds and I might sleep with you." The third one, who hadn't said a word before this, agreed with the first boy, sounding as though he was a minion. The three of the boys cracked up at the joke about sleeping with me as if it was the funniest thing ever but I've heard parrots tell better jokes.

Although I tried not to let their words get me, I couldn't help tensing up at their jokes, the thought of having another person touch me like I was an toy made me want to be sick. I also knew I didn't deserve the food I was greedily eating, I knew I didn't need it, I knew they were right, so were they really just looking out for me and I'm just overreacting?

I had lost weight rapidly over the last few months, my collar bone was visible and I could touch my thumb and pointer finger while wrapping them round my wrist. But, although I had been striving to loose weight as that is what everyone around me was telling me to do, no matter how much I lost, I was still told that I was fat. I wasn't praised for the weight loss, I was punished for not loosing enough. 

"My god, look at her still stuffing her face," One of them pretended to whisper but instead said loud enough for anyone in arms length to care. "Stop being such a fat bitch would you, save some for the rest of us. This is a family gathering, you aren't even our family so this food isn't even for you, stop acting like a pig would you."