thirteen ⋆ ★

❝ There's a glorious sunrise ❞

•┈┈┈┈⊹˚୨♡୧˚⊹┈┈┈┈•

Alana's pov:

I rolled over, my eyes slowly opening to reveal a pitch black room, the small alarm clock on the bedside table having 5:24am written in block LEDs. Taylor was fast asleep beside me, and although it was dark, I could still see that her eyes were puffy as though she had been crying for a while before she had fallen asleep.

I didn't know how long I had slept for, all I knew is that after such a bad flashback a few hours before, I wouldn't be getting back to sleep again. I had only managed to do it when Taylor was awake as I had cried out all the energy I had gotten, making me completely exhausted and having no other option but to sleep.

I was so anxious it was making me feel sick, I couldn't stop thinking about the flashback and all that had happened after it. What Taylor had seen was the part of me I wish no one had to see, the part who is too scared of her own memories to let a single person try and help.

I stared at the ceiling for a while, listening to the woman beside me breathing in and out as she rested, wishing I could do the same. I felt as though time has just stopped moving, eventually deciding to just get up and have some water. I slowly pulled the covers from my body, placing them gently down as I slid off of the bed. I tiptoed past the sleeping popstar, holding my breath slightly as I didn't want to wake her up, again. The door had been left open from when the two of us had come into her room beforehand, meaning that I could get through the door and into the hallway without having to pray the door didn't squeak while I opened it, which I was internally grateful for.

Once I made it out the room and close to the stairs, I let the breath I was holding out, quietly exhaling in the silent home. I carefully made my way downstairs, making sure to take care with each step as it was dark and I could only go so far without having to have a small break due to feeling dizzy. The last thing I wanted to do was fall due to dizziness, both making Taylor wake up and forcing me to have to eat something.

It took a while of stopping and starting once again, but I made it to the kitchen. I switched the lights on, leaning against a counter while letting my eyes adjust for a moment. After a minute of hard blinking and rubbing my eyes, I took my tired body over to the glass cupboard where I could see the cups inside, grabbing a glass with a cat pattern on, the same one Taylor had let me use one the first day I had been here. 

I closed the cupboard and turned around to the sink, letting it run for a second before letter the cup fill up, meaning the water in the cup would be some what cold. I was enjoying the silence, feeling slightly at peace knowing that Taylors home was somewhere safe. Taylor's house was somewhere where I knew I wouldn't be threw into a corner and beat, and that's the most comfort I need.