five ⋆ ★

Alana's pov:

I woke up to the ringing of my alarm, groaning as I turned it off. I stretched my arms above my head, slightly touching my bandaged hand against the wall where my bed lent against. "Oh shit. That still hurts." I mutter to myself before pulling my blanket off and slowly rising from my bed. It was 9am so you could see the sun attempting to shine through the curtains as I walked to my drawers were I kept my clothes. I already had a bag packed with everything I needed to get ready with Piper later on, but first I had to make it out of Jere without anyone knowing. I turned on my music and began picking out a comfy outfit to wear to Piper's house. I settled on my black flared leggings and a Taylor swift hoodie which I had bought from Amazon. I got dressed then sat myself at my vanity, quietly singing the lyrics of 'peace' to myself. I did a slight bit of makeup, just enough to look presentable before brushing my hair through. Me and Piper were going to curl our hair and put hair glitter in it and we were both so excited. 

After a while of getting ready, excitement almost busting through my skin I got a message from Piper:

➤ We'll be at the home to pick you up in 5

IM SO EXCITED SEE YOU SOON 

I quickly ran around my room, grabbing the last of my things also knowing that I was sleeping at Piper's tonight. Luckily, Helen had offered to watch Aurora tonight so I didn't need to beg Ethan to. I grabbed the kitten as well as the 2 bags I had packed full of things I needed. I walked past Ethan's room and down the corridor only to hear him shout my name, making me go right back to him. "Do you want some help there?" He laughs, looking at me struggling to hold everything. "Please." I beg him while also laughing. He takes a bag out of my hand and walks with me to the front door where we quickly see Piper and her mum pull up. Ethan unlocked the door and walked me to the car. "Hey guys! You excited for tonight Allie?" Helen asks me. "So excited I'm about to burst." I laugh while placing my bag into the boot of the car. "Right have a good night both of you, call me if you need anything. Love you Allie." Ethan says to me as he closes the car boot and gives me a hug. "I will, love you too." I say, quickly squeezing him back and opening the car door to sit next to Piper in the back. We all waved to Ethan as he walked back to the house and then set off to Piper's. "What did you do to your hand?" Piper asks after looking from out the window to me. "Oh me and Ethan were cooking food last night and we were messing around and I burnt my hand on the stove but it's fine!" I tell her, quickly coming up with a lie on the spot. "Oh god you two should never be left alone in the kitchen." Helen laughs to which me and Piper laugh with her. 

After a not-so-long car ride, we pulled up outside Piper's house. The three of us headed inside, Piper and her mum carrying bags and me carrying Aurora. "God what did you pack?" Piper asks dramatically, dropping the bag to the floor in the hallway. I roll my eyes and laugh, passing her Aurora and grabbing the back which Piper had held and took it upstairs to her room where we were going to get ready. "Do you girls want getting ready snacks?" Helen asks us, to which we both reply with opposite answers. "I've got your favourite Allie!" She says, pulling out a can of pringles. "Thank you so much." I say with a forced smile, taking the can which she was passing to me. I was going to have to avoid them now. "Right enjoy your time, yous have around 2 hours until we have to leave." She tells us, shooing us upstairs. "Oh Helen! I've got something for you." I tell her, rummaging through my bag to find my purse. I pulled out the money which my ticket cost and put it out for her to take. "Alana Brookes put your money away! I'm not taking anything." She tells me firmly. "At least take half! Please I beg." I say, still having my hand out for her to grab the money. "Nope! Now go get ready." She tells me, pushing my hand away. I roll my eyes in defeat and go up to Piper's room to find her lay on her bed playing with Aurora.