fourteen ⋆ ★

❝ If I was some paint, did it splatter on a promising grown man? And if I was a child, did it matter if you got to wash your hands? ❞

•┈┈┈┈⊹˚୨♡୧˚⊹┈┈┈┈•

Taylor's pov:

Me and Alana were cuddled up on the couch, mean girls, a movie Alana had chosen, playing infront of us, however I had ended up falling asleep and missed most of it. I was exhausted, it had been a long night and a long fight in the car to get the girl, who seemed sweet now, to eat. She doesn't understand the damage she is doing to her body and it hurts to watch her just not care. She couldn't care less about this eating disorder killing her, and I know that the media aren't going to help at all. As soon as she gets back to the home, she'll run to her phone and spend hours and hours in those comments and it'll be like no one ever tried to help her, bringing her back to the starting line.

I was trying to keep my eyes open and I could hear muffled giggle from the little girl leaning her head on my chest as she watched me, "What are you laughing at there buddy, huh?" I ask jokingly, trying to act stern but the smile on my face from her cute laughs making it impossible for her to believe I was actually mad.

"Oh nothing," She says softly, snuggling her head closer into me. "You can go back to sleep if your tired Tay. I kept you up all night, I'm sorry." 

"Don't be sorry, I would much rather I didn't sleep rather than you deal with whatever was going on in your head alone." I say, tucking a piece of her soft brown hair behind her ear and kissing her forehead gently.

I could tell the girl wanted to protest that she could deal with her own things and didn't need my help, but she stayed silent and looked at the TV screen. I kept a calm out front, but inside I was jumping around. It was only a small win, but improvement is improvement, and all I wanted for Alana was improvement.

I ended up falling asleep once again, waking up to find Alana sat comfortably in the corner of the couch and the blanket we had been sharing just draped over the top of me. She was curled in a ball, hiding in the hoodie she wore as she intensely watching one of the princess diaries films. 

"You enjoying the movies princess?" I say, a small smile on my face as I talked with a groggy voice. 

She jumped at the sound of my voice, obviously not expecting anyone to start talking, "Oh hi Tay, yeah I am! Do you feel better after sleeping some more?" She asks, laughing slightly at herself.

"Yeah I do, thank you for asking buddy. What time is it now?" I say, sitting up and picking up my phone to see the block numbers of 11:55am. 

"I have no clue, someone was ringing you about half an hour ago though. I didn't know if you would have preferred me to answer or leave it or what so I just left it. They called twice but I got too scared to answer it, I'm sorry if you would have wanted me to answer it, I promise I'll do it next time, if there is a next time. I get if you want to punish me or something, it was stupid I should have answered the phone-" She said in a panicked state, all of the words coming out in one breath as she beat herself up over something so small.