FOURTEEN

ACE'S POV

Okay, I know y'all think I hate my brother's mate but in truth I don't.
Uggh. Okay maybe I did hate her.
But as of recent, I've come to admit that I like her. I mean like-like her. Though I'm still mad that she tortured me and murdered me. Literally.
I've been socially awkward since my childhood. That's why my parents made me remain in the pack. I was always envious of my brother. He didn't need to get a girlfriend or a wife. At the right time, nature would bring him and his mate together. When I first saw Jenna I was happy. I liked her even more because she's a witch. Even though she's sort of a bitch.
Scratch that. She's one hell of a bitch.
She's everything I wanted in a girl apart from the bitchy parts- pretty, hot, independent and powerful.
But she's too powerful for her own good and smart. Yeah I'm pretty much tired of denying that.
So that's one of the reasons I wanted to make her hate me; to prevent my feelings from doing anything stupid. But we can see how that's working out. I magically snapped my brother's neck because of her.
I locked him in his bedroom and sealed him in there with a barrier spell. I need to free her.
I had the chef prepare some food which I was going to take to her. When I entered her cell, I almost dropped the tray I was holding. Jenna was very pale. Her lips were dry and her eyes were closed, she was dying . I quickly dropped the tray and scooted over to her. My heart was beating very fast and loud.
"Jenna! Jenna wake up. Don't do this"
She slowly opened her eyes. When they focused on me she smiled painfully. She slowly reached out and touched my cheek with her hand.
"You know, I always preferred you to your brother. Even though you're a bit of an..ass", she said through rasped breaths.
Tears welled in my eyes.
"No! No!". I tried to yank the chains off of her but I didn't have supernatural strength and even if I did, the chains were strengthened with dark magic making it almost impossible for a werewolf, vampire or shade to break. I stretched my two hands at the chains.
"Brisez ces chaînes, libére le verrou à l'interie.."

I was repelled by a blast from the chains. My body hit the wall and I felt a sharp ache on my back.
But the pain didn't last long. My adrenaline is probably on overdrive now.
I rushed back to her, desperate.
"Yo..you need to feed from me"
She smiled weakly.
"I'm not a vampire", she whispered. "So this is it then. The great Jenna is finally dying. Leave this pack Ace. You're not a wolf, you're a witch. Get a life. Get a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Be happy."
The tears began to drop.
She chuckled slightly.
"Who knew that I'll ever say things this mushy?"
I smashed my lips on hers. But she didn't move or respond and I pulled back. She was unconscious. I quickly checked for her pulse and it was very low. She had only a few minutes left.
I left the cell and ran upstairs to my brother's room. As I entered I saw him standing with glowing eyes, dagger in hand. He punched me on my chin and sent me flying backwards. I got to my feet and endured the pain.
"It was you wasn't it?"
"The fuck are you talking about?", I asked trying to play dumb.
"You thought I wouldn't know? I've had sex with her. I can literally feel her. I felt someone kiss her and then she went unconscious.
"So what if I did? What are you gonna do about it?"

He growled showing off his elongated canines. I flicked my wrist and his right femur got broken. He fell on his right knee. I walked over to him and began to throw punches at his face. I just let my rage take over. But then my brother held my fist and stood up. With his other hand he drove the blade of the dagger into the side of my neck and pulled it out. He then shoved me away from him. I placed my hand on the wound but I didn't feel any mark or cuts, just residual blood. The wound was healed. I tried to walk to him but I stumbled and fell on my knees. I felt dizzy. I looked at my brother and I saw waving the dagger that he used to stab me at me.
"Remember this dagger? Mom made it. Anyone who gets stabbed or pierced with it will be healed of the wound but will sleep for a long time"
Oh my god.
My sight began to blur. I was losing consciousness.
"Aiden she's dying. I need to help her", I managed to say.
"I know. You won't and she won't"
And I blacked out.